THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - salvador - 11-05-2011 07:29 AM

Johnson is easily the best fighter Bute has ever been in with. And I don't think Johnson looked horrible/old against Froch.

Unless there's something I'm missing, +600 is a hell of a value - even if Marlon Wright is the ref.

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - Method - 11-05-2011 07:59 AM

salvador Wrote:Johnson is easily the best fighter Bute has ever been in with. And I don't think Johnson looked horrible/old against Froch.

Unless there's something I'm missing, +600 is a hell of a value - even if Marlon Wright is the ref.
+600 IS a helluva value....but fuck, I thought James Toney was a better value @ +550, and we saw how that ended.

I'll throw a 50 spot on Glenncoffee.

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - SKULLSPLITTER - 11-05-2011 08:56 AM

hmmmm.....$50 on a Johnson/Kirkland parlay gets you $1035...

Tarver, Judah, DeMarco, Dawson......5 outta 6?

I need to know.

Big Grin

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - SmartyBeardo - 11-05-2011 09:01 AM

salvador Wrote:Johnson is easily the best fighter Bute has ever been in with. And I don't think Johnson looked horrible/old against Froch.

Method Wrote:

+600 IS a helluva value....but fuck, I thought James Toney was a better value @ +550, and we saw how that ended.

I'll throw a 50 spot on Glenncoffee.
The Hell Rockin You can get a 6.35 return in The ChuCha Room.

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - SKULLSPLITTER - 11-05-2011 09:44 AM

I forgot to address this...

Johnson IS the best fighter Bute's faced in theory...but I personally think he slowed down against Froch, and that he's up against it here more than ever...

He's gonna have to stop Bute to win...

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - SmartyBeardo - 11-05-2011 10:23 AM

The CEO Wrote:

Johnson IS the best fighter Bute's faced in theory...but I personally think he slowed down against Froch, and that he's up against it here more than ever...

+1.

KO/TKO or forget about it. I absolutely think that he could make that happen though.

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - JD - 11-05-2011 10:26 AM

Yeah, the odds are nice...but the value ain't.

The fight will have some nice exchanges, but I don't see Johnson having much of a chance.

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - SKULLSPLITTER - 11-05-2011 10:32 AM

SmartyBeardo Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:

+1.

KO/TKO or forget about it. I absolutely think that he could make that happen though.
Definitely...IF he can return to the form he was for Green, I give him about a 1 in 3 chance of stopping him...

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - salvador - 11-05-2011 11:13 AM

JD Wrote:Yeah, the odds are nice...but the value ain't.

The fight will have some nice exchanges, but I don't see Johnson having much of a chance.
I can't get the image of Bute in the 12th in the first Andrade fight out of my mind.

Johnson is going to land more heavy shots than anyone ever has against Bute and I don't believe Bute has any chance of getting the ko. It's easy for me to imagine a few 10-8 rounds for Johnson that would make it impossible for him to get robbed.

Given the location of the fight and the fact that Bute is younger and faster, I'd personally be making these odds around +250 for a Johnson win.

Johnson +600 to beat Bute?????? - Method - 11-05-2011 11:21 AM

The CEO Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:

+1.

Definitely...IF he can return to the form he was for Green, I give him about a 1 in 3 chance of stopping him...
Problem is I dont know that Johnson has a "form" to return to, or if it was just Green.

One thing to consider, though not sure how much it matters, remember that Green and Johnson did a lot of sparring together, just as Bute and Johnson have.

Sparring partners generally give each other tougher fights as they are familiar with each others styles (i.e. Lou Delvalle vs Roy, Williams vs Margarito, and there are more that escape me right now, one of them being more recent).