THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Ring returns. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Ring returns. (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Pages: 1 2

Ring returns. - ViperSniper - 02-03-2013 01:32 AM

Juanma Lopez who will now be campaigning at 130 made his return by getting a 9 round TKO. Dropping his opponent 3 times!

Andre Dirrell also made his return winning a 10 round UD against a hard punching oppenent!

Anyone see any of these fights! How'd they look? And what's the future hold for these two??

Ring returns. - salvador - 02-03-2013 11:51 AM

I'm not interested in seeing Lopez fight again until he fights Gamboa.

Dirrell is a decent gate keeper kind of guy at 168 so I guess his return is good news as long as the networks don't waste a saturday night on him by putting him in with any of the top guys.

Ring returns. - and the NEW - 02-03-2013 10:39 PM

Dirrell has top notch skills and I look forward to him being back in the mix at 168. He fought very well against Golovkin in the amateurs and I thought beat Froch in their fight (in Nottingham to boot).

I can see him giving Ward his toughest fight also - albeit not winning. Would also like to see him face Kessler.

Juanma was always overrated, I have no interest in watching him fight.

Ring returns. - Spyder - 02-03-2013 10:46 PM

and the NEW Wrote:Dirrell has top notch skills and I look forward to him being back in the mix at 168. He fought very well against Golovkin in the amateurs and I thought beat Froch in their fight (in Nottingham to boot).

I can see him giving Ward his toughest fight also - albeit not winning. Would also like to see him face Kessler.

Juanma was always overrated, I have no interest in watching him fight.
I can't agree more with this post.

Ring returns. - Fitz - 02-04-2013 03:07 AM

Yep, not much interest in Lopez.

He has a lot of work to do, as he was exposed hard. Two times now, and I don't expect much from him in the future either.

Ring returns. - ViperSniper - 02-04-2013 07:25 AM

Not going by his last fight (because I didn't see it) but his back to back losses, I don't expect a great amount from Juanma! Although I'm very interested! I enjoy watching him fight & has/had alot of potential!

Maybe he can get himself in a posisition to a big fight? Maybe an overdue fight with Gamboa still??

He willneed to be matched well to avoid anymore set backs for anything like that tho!

Ring returns. - lloyd mayflower - 02-04-2013 08:57 AM

Forget juanma v gamboa. Gamboa is on the greedy young fighter train. Low risk for high money once or twice a year.

Ring returns. - salvador - 02-04-2013 10:14 AM

lloyd mayflower Wrote:Forget juanma v gamboa. Gamboa is on the greedy young fighter train. Low risk for high money once or twice a year.
Gambia is 31, old for 130.

I get the impression that he's desperate for a big paycheck to the point that he was seriously considering Bradley ar 147 - crazy considering Gamboa was at 126 last year.

Ring returns. - lloyd mayflower - 02-04-2013 10:46 AM

salvador Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Forget juanma v gamboa. Gamboa is on the greedy young fighter train. Low risk for high money once or twice a year.
Gambia is 31, old for 130.

I get the impression that he's desperate for a big paycheck to the point that he was seriously considering Bradley ar 147 - crazy considering Gamboa was at 126 last year.
Well yeah but you know what i mean, he hasnt served his time has he?

Ring returns. - salvador - 02-04-2013 11:11 AM

Served time for what?

The only thing I've found on him is that he's implicated in this steroids deal with A-Rod just a few days ago (article below). Is there something else?

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/16047-newspaper-says-gamboa-linked-to-qeast-coast-balcoq

And if he is on roids, then fuck him anyway and it explains why he was considering moving up to 147.