THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now! - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now! (/showthread.php?tid=1157)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now! - Nay_Sayer - 04-04-2013 05:10 PM

Who takes this and why?

I'm leaning towards Trout...

RE: Alvarez Trout - Dickagon - 04-04-2013 05:41 PM

it's hard to say since Canelo hasn't fought this kind of opponent yet. i think it'll be a close fight. my main problem is Canelo isn't going to lose, he's too much going for him. i'd lean towards Canelo winning with some help on the cards

RE: Alvarez Trout - Romulus9 - 04-04-2013 11:02 PM

Trout looks good in the first four. Canelo wears him down and wins on points or a late stoppage. The kid is just too good. Close fight, entertaining fight. The toughest of Cinnamon's career.

RE: Alvarez Trout - MrFactor - 04-05-2013 12:21 AM

Trout beats the brakes off him in a statement fight. Canelo retires on his stool in the 11th. Trout is bigger, faster and by far the better boxer. To me Canelo's defense isnt as good as Miguel Cotto's. I think he will be getting hit with shots Cotto didnt and it will end inside the distance due to accumulation. Canelo then fails a PED test on top of that...

RE: Alvarez Trout - ViperSniper - 04-05-2013 01:16 AM

(04-05-2013 12:21 AM)MrFactor Wrote:  Trout beats the brakes off him in a statement fight. Canelo retires on his stool in the 11th. Trout is bigger, faster and by far the better boxer. To me Canelo's defense isnt as good as Miguel Cotto's. I think he will be getting hit with shots Cotto didnt and it will end inside the distance due to accumulation. Canelo then fails a PED test on top of that...

Good post. Love the bold prediction(s).

You're right about Cotto having better defense than Canelo. Do you think tho that maybe Trout may respect Canelo's size n power more, therefore not open up as much as he should??

I think it's a tough fight to call because it's a step up for Alvarez & arguably Trout. A lil surprised this fight is happening due to how close it is.

Alvarez seems to have more fire in him, yet does not have the boxing skills of Trout. Cotto seemed to have gotten Trouts attention with some of his shots & I'd imagine that Alvarez will land and have more results from them.

Give me Alvarez in a very tight fight. UD or late stoppage in the championship rounds.

RE: Alvarez Trout - Spyder - 04-05-2013 01:22 AM

Canelo takes this one. It's a tough fight on paper, but Alvarez was made for this. He will sit in the pocket, and counter everything that Trout throws.

Don't misunderstand...I LOVE this fight, but Canelo will be the victor.

RE: Alvarez Trout - blackbelt2003 - 04-05-2013 05:18 AM

This will be a much better fight than Cotto-Trout.

Cotto has good defence, but just couldn't find a way inside, which made it a fairly inactive bout. Canelo will get hit more, but he will also force the fight more, land heavier shots than Cotto did and push Trout around on the inside.

I predict a much more exciting fight than Trout normally provides, with it going down to a war of attrition in the last few rounds. I'll tentatively pick Canelo to eke it out (maybe even an unpopular decision), but it could go either way.

Black

RE: Alvarez Trout - JD - 04-05-2013 08:51 AM

Canelo...and I think it might be easier than people anticipate.

I am seeing Cotto - Quintana all over again.

RE: Alvarez Trout - and the NEW - 04-05-2013 08:53 AM

(04-05-2013 05:18 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  This will be a much better fight than Cotto-Trout.

Cotto has good defence, but just couldn't find a way inside, which made it a fairly inactive bout. Canelo will get hit more, but he will also force the fight more, land heavier shots than Cotto did and push Trout around on the inside.

I predict a much more exciting fight than Trout normally provides, with it going down to a war of attrition in the last few rounds. I'll tentatively pick Canelo to eke it out (maybe even an unpopular decision), but it could go either way.

Black

I think I agree. This is a tough one to read and could be very very close. Trout will definately try to stay on the outside and will have success finding Canelo, who is no defensive wizard. It will be interesting to see if Canelo tries to use his poor mans version of the Philly Shell, or keep his hands up.

Trout will also know that by staying on the outside, it won't allow Canelo to use his counters, which like Mayweather, are most effective in the pocket.

I think given this, Canelo will have to eat some shots to force Trout to fight. If he proves too big and too strong for Trout, he could eat him up. But if Trout has enough strength and chin to suck up the pressure, choses his moments to turn Canelo and when to hold him so he can get back to the outside, he could make this a very close, contraversial fight. I expect the latter and for Trout to really make Canelo work hard for this victory.

RE: Alvarez Trout - JONdaCON - 04-06-2013 01:48 AM

Trout will out box Canelo and may decide to sit in trade once he gets more comfortable in the middle rds, making for some great exchanges but I think Trout will be smart enough not to be a sitting ducc. His size, speed and workrate spell disaster for Canelo.. we'll see how Trouts chin holds up to the pressure of those heavy shots but nothings indicated to me that he can be Chinny.

With that being said Trout will beat Canelo but Canelo will get the nod in another Controversial win... Trout beat Cotto, that's fine, but GBP ain't lettin Canelo lose anytime soon.