THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Martinez vs Murray - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Martinez vs Murray (/showthread.php?tid=1201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Martinez vs Murray - and the NEW - 04-23-2013 08:25 AM

The Garcia vs Judah thread is up and this fight is on the same weekend.

Who you got? A few are thinking that Judah may upset Garcia, but I personally think this fight has a greater chance of being the upset....

RE: Martinez vs Murray - damarvelous1 - 04-23-2013 09:07 AM

Oh, Martinez is fighting this weekend? On HBO?

Didn't know that... Peter Quillin is fighting on the Garcia-Judah undercard.

RE: Martinez vs Murray - blackbelt2003 - 04-23-2013 11:19 AM

I think we've got the Martinez-Murray card in Britain, but not Judah-Garcia.

I think I'd prefer the latter, as Garcia is a favourite of mine....but I'm semi-interested in seeing if Murray can at least push Martinez.

Black

RE: Martinez vs Murray - boxingcritic - 04-26-2013 11:15 AM

Link to the live weigh-in
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/martinez-vs-murray-weigh-174200801.html?format=embed&player_autoplay=false

RE: Martinez vs Murray - Fitz - 04-26-2013 06:06 PM

Martinez = 159.4
Murray = 159.6

RE: Martinez vs Murray - salvador - 04-26-2013 11:43 PM

(04-23-2013 09:07 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Oh, Martinez is fighting this weekend? On HBO?

Didn't know that... Peter Quillin is fighting on the Garcia-Judah undercard.

Yeah, Quillin might be the most interesting fighter of the night. I don't think I've ever read so much about someone I've never actually seen fight.

RE: Martinez vs Murray - and the NEW - 04-27-2013 03:56 AM

Quillin is good, but the top middles would starch him.

RE: Martinez vs Murray - Mean Mister Mustard - 04-27-2013 02:15 PM

The angle on every Martinez fight will be whether he gets old overnight. The logic behind this is that he's a fighter who relies on reflexes, quick hands and foot speed. Once that slows down he's done for. I don't think this happens tonight though.

Murray is a good fighter but I don't think that 'good' is enough to beat Martinez, whose blend of hand speed. agility, power and conditioning is just too much for a lot of these conventional fighters. Then again, Murray could come in with a perfect game plan and beat Martinez, but I'm not expecting it.

RE: Martinez vs Murray - MrFactor - 04-27-2013 05:40 PM

(04-27-2013 03:56 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Quillin is good, but the top middles would starch him.

Top Mids, like who? Quillen is pretty good. When I first saw him fight about 2 years ago, he was raw and fought with a very wild rugged style. Dude has come a looong way since then. He's very good and he's on par with any of the top guys at 160. In fact I think he beats Martinez and goes life in death with this GGG guy that everyone seems to think is the 2nd coming of Marvin Hagler.

RE: Martinez vs Murray - Fitz - 04-27-2013 08:37 PM

http://www.boxingguru.eu/gurutv3.html