THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
The NFL Thread - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The NFL Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1295)

Pages: 1 2

The NFL Thread - Warlord - 03-25-2014 07:06 PM

So we're gotten through the primary stages of free agency and are getting relatively close to draft day. That said, whose your team, what do you think of the moves they've made so far, and who do you think will be the teams to beat in 2014.

Does Tim Tebow make it on a practice squad somewhere, or is he out of the league for good?

It amazes me how Matt Schaub and Mark Sanchez are still getting serious looks, but Tebow doesn't even get a sniff. At least Tebow will put butts in the seats.

RE: The NFL Thread - JD - 03-26-2014 09:53 AM

I cannot wait for this draft.

RE: The NFL Thread - Spyder - 03-26-2014 07:49 PM

Me either. The Bucs have given me a lot to like in this off-season...new coach, new GM, free agency, the best Unis in the league...they could let me down in the draft like they usually do, and I'll still be excited about the season.

RE: The NFL Thread - Dickagon - 03-26-2014 11:40 PM

i feel you on Tebow, Warlord. it's guaranteed that if he's with the Jags he'd be carrying that small market team on his back. the reality of the NFL is some teams just aren't making it to the playoffs. letting Tebow play a few seasons could at least mean a full stadium til you build a team that can.

RE: The NFL Thread - JD - 03-28-2014 05:14 PM

(03-26-2014 07:49 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Me either. The Bucs have given me a lot to like in this off-season...new coach, new GM, free agency, the best Unis in the league...they could let me down in the draft like they usually do, and I'll still be excited about the season.

Those unis...are horrid.

RE: The NFL Thread - Spyder - 03-28-2014 07:28 PM

(03-28-2014 05:14 PM)JD Wrote:  
(03-26-2014 07:49 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Me either. The Bucs have given me a lot to like in this off-season...new coach, new GM, free agency, the best Unis in the league...they could let me down in the draft like they usually do, and I'll still be excited about the season.

Those unis...are horrid.

You know you love them.

RE: The NFL Thread - Fitz - 04-02-2014 05:10 PM

On SEN (Australian Sports Radio), they have been talking about a player from the Philadelphia Eagles that has been delisted for being involved in an LA gang. They said there has been no concrete evidence.
What's the deal with this?

They talk about it, as their are similarities as there is a Richmond Tigers (Aussie Rules player)player, Jake King who is long time friends and is seen out in public with a member of a bikie gang (Toby Mitchell). The AFL doesn't like it, but the Richmond football club have just warned him to use common sense when meeting with him and not to be seen in the public and try do so discreetly, though haven't punished him.
There is mixed feelings between the public, on one side people say it is not a good look for the game and on the other side, he is long time family friends with him and hasn't been involved in any illegal activities, they are just long time friends.

What's the deal with the Eagles player, is it a similar situation?

RE: The NFL Thread - JD - 04-03-2014 10:48 AM

Ever since the Aaron Hernandez saga (an NFL player with gang ties who was killing people), teams are terrified of any sort of gang relations with players.

DeSean Jackson is the player...he is a little wiseass...more of a punk. I don't think he has gang ties at all, maybe he stupidly flashed a hand signal in a photo op, but the dude does not come off as a gang banger at all. Jackson ain't bright and likely doesn't really have the best attitude, but that doesn't make you a gang member.

RE: The NFL Thread - Warlord - 04-03-2014 01:49 PM

(04-03-2014 10:48 AM)JD Wrote:  Ever since the Aaron Hernandez saga (an NFL player with gang ties who was killing people), teams are terrified of any sort of gang relations with players.

DeSean Jackson is the player...he is a little wiseass...more of a punk. I don't think he has gang ties at all, maybe he stupidly flashed a hand signal in a photo op, but the dude does not come off as a gang banger at all. Jackson ain't bright and likely doesn't really have the best attitude, but that doesn't make you a gang member.

Naa, Jackson has flashed crip signs not only in photos, but even during games. This wasn't a one-time thing. The Oakland Raiders and another team (can't remember which one off the top of my head) were interested in him, but backed off after the LAPD confirmed that he did have gang ties.

There's no doubt in my mind. And it's no surprise that he ended up in Washington. Dan Snyder, like Jerry Jones, thrives on spending good money in terrible ways. I don't know though, man, it's a lot of hoopla over an undersized receiver who hasn't recorded double-digit TDs in a single season of his career.

Of course its easy for me to shit on Jackson when my team has White and Jones playing opposite each other.

RE: The NFL Thread - JD - 04-03-2014 03:21 PM

Chiefs, Panthers, Jets, Raiders were all interested and had a need...and they all said "no thanks".

I didn't hear that they confirmed gang ties. Well, if they did that changes everything. I thought he was just a wiseass who didn't really get the idea of buying in - but if he has gang ties (not just knowing some people with affiliations), then it makes sense why his old coach and a bunch of receiver needy teams took a pass.

Daniel Snyder on the other hand just doesn't care.