THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 (/showthread.php?tid=1396)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - KingEugene - 07-01-2014 10:10 AM

Floyd announced at the BET Awards that he'll be fighting Maidana in a rematch Sept. 13th.

Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 via Bleacher Report

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - lloyd mayflower - 07-01-2014 10:11 AM

Got to be honest, I dont particularly want to see it

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - KingEugene - 07-01-2014 10:28 AM

I don't care to see it either but I have a weird Jones vs. Tarver 2 feeling which I'd hate to see happen. I'd rather see Mayweather vs. Porter or the winner of Porter/Thurman.

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - torvix2000 - 07-01-2014 10:39 AM

Big Grin Showtime's staff probly scratching their heads.

Quote:“September 13, back to business,” he said matter-of-factly, “Marcos Maidana versus Floyd Mayweather Part II.”

But that wasn’t all he said.

“Then in May, I’ll have a big surprise for you.”

Perhaps a retirement in May after a 600,000 in PPV.

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Dickagon - 07-01-2014 10:47 AM

He kept saying he'd fight Pac too. I'd wait on it. It'll get a lot of publicity and could build into him choosing a different opponent. I don't want to see a rematch because Maidana aint getting a decision just like he didn't last time. Another thing is Floyd is going to fuck him in every way possible to give himself every advantage. I'm not sure if Maidana will play those games either. Either way a Maidana rematch builds some interest in his next fight, Khan gets "who the fuck is Khan?". I could see him go for Khan too since Khan beat Maidana and his style will be easier.

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - salvador - 07-01-2014 11:37 AM

Good for Floyd for doing the right thing.

I strongly suspect this will be a much different fight with Floyd winning a lot more rounds with his jab and footwork and will therefore be less exciting, but this is still Floyd's best opponent at 147- including Pac.

Put Provodnikov-Broner on the undercard and I just might buy it.

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Decagon - 07-01-2014 12:29 PM

Their first fight was an entertaining scrap. I bet a lot of people will be thinking of Tarver-Jones II, but Mayweather's too smart for that.

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - ChadDaElite - 07-01-2014 01:13 PM

(07-01-2014 10:28 AM)KingEugene Wrote:  I don't care to see it either but I have a weird Jones vs. Tarver 2 feeling which I'd hate to see happen. I'd rather see Mayweather vs. Porter or the winner of Porter/Thurman.

mayweather figured him out in the middle rounds and maidana was squealing like a pig from them bodyshots. mayweather has in the bag, you best believe that.

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - blackbelt2003 - 07-01-2014 01:29 PM

(07-01-2014 01:13 PM)ChadDaElite Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 10:28 AM)KingEugene Wrote:  I don't care to see it either but I have a weird Jones vs. Tarver 2 feeling which I'd hate to see happen. I'd rather see Mayweather vs. Porter or the winner of Porter/Thurman.

mayweather figured him out in the middle rounds and maidana was squealing like a pig from them bodyshots. mayweather has in the bag, you best believe that.

Huh? I remember Mayweather doing a fair bit of squealing from one big bodyshot in particular.

I had Money edging the first fight on points...but Maidana was never hurt at any stage in that fight. Mayweather was never BADLY hurt, but Maidana was undeniably the tougher guy in there.

Having said that I do think we saw the best possible Maidana vs the worst Mayweather. If Money hasn't slipped, then we'll see him back to his best in the rematch and will dazzle Maidana to a wide UD.

Then...PLEASE...Pac?

Black

RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - ChadDaElite - 07-01-2014 01:51 PM

(07-01-2014 01:29 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 01:13 PM)ChadDaElite Wrote:  

Huh? I remember Mayweather doing a fair bit of squealing from one big bodyshot in particular.

I had Money edging the first fight on points...but Maidana was never hurt at any stage in that fight. Mayweather was never BADLY hurt, but Maidana was undeniably the tougher guy in there.

Having said that I do think we saw the best possible Maidana vs the worst Mayweather. If Money hasn't slipped, then we'll see him back to his best in the rematch and will dazzle Maidana to a wide UD.

Then...PLEASE...Pac?

Black

i saw mayweather grimacing, but that was just acting for the ref. mayweather's smart like that, see? as for may-pac, that fight's past its expiration date.