THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. (/showthread.php?tid=1449)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - ViperSniper - 07-30-2014 06:58 AM

We all know the state the heavyweight division is in. With some recent mention of the division on BU, got me thinkin which fights are the best/do you want to see in the division?

Klitschko-Briggs
Klitschko-Fury lol
Fury-Haye
Wilder-Stiverne
Arreola-Chisora
Jones-Toney II pardon

..and yes I'm (now) aware that there is a music note icon next to the thread lol

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - damarvelous1 - 07-30-2014 08:15 AM

In terms of action, Arreola-Chisora would be a must see fight.
In terms of significance, Klitschko-Fury.

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - blackbelt2003 - 07-30-2014 08:40 AM

Wilder - Fury. The trash talking would be immense, and it would be a guaranteed KO ending.

Black

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - damarvelous1 - 07-30-2014 09:38 AM

Yes... Fury-Wilder would be fun to watch... especially the lead up!

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - ROLLDEEP - 07-30-2014 11:30 AM

As much as I dislike Fury, any fight with him in it would be entertaining for the build up. A fight with him and Wilder would be great and would result in Fury being laid out.

Although for some reason he's started to annoy me even though I've been a big supporter for years, I enjoy watching Haye fight, so stick him in with Fury (same reasons as above) or Kilt, as I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it again - I genuinely found their fight interesting to watch.

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - Decagon - 07-30-2014 11:44 AM

I didn't. I don't mind it when fighters use their footwork to create openings and land shots, but Haye just backpedaled away like he was going to get butt-raped by Klitschko.

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - KingEugene - 07-30-2014 11:52 AM

You can't help but to say how Briggs would fair against Wlad.

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - damarvelous1 - 07-30-2014 11:59 AM

Shannon has actually made me want to see this fight. Maybe Wlad puts him away for good. I also wouldn't mind seeing Mrs Briggs again either.

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - BrutalBodyShots - 07-30-2014 12:05 PM

Briggs would make a hell of a fight against Wlad... for about 4 and a half minutes. Before round 2 is over with, Briggs' wad is blown and Wlad starts killing him with the jab, the left hook off the jab and classic one-two's. Briggs finds a soft spot on the canvas before the mid-point of the fight.

RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment. - KingEugene - 07-30-2014 12:19 PM

I'd still want to see it though. It would generate more interest than these other Europeans no one has ever heard of. If Wlad really cared about making a bigger name of himself he'd clean up the few American HW's that are fairly known. Do they deserve it? Nope. But cleaning out the Americans would draw more American attention. I'm probably the only person I know who actually sits home at 5pm on a Saturday just to watch a Wlad fight.