THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... (/showthread.php?tid=1526)

Pages: 1 2

Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Warlord - 09-13-2014 12:02 PM

...for spanking his kid? What do you guys think about that? My wife and I both got that old-school "switching" when we were kids, my wife probably even worse than me, since she grew up in China with a strict father (strict even by Asian standards). And we're both a little stumped at the fallout going on in the media.

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - BGv4.0 - 09-13-2014 08:18 PM

I believe good old fashion ass beatings for kids is a large part of the problem in this country. For me...
as long as you don't leave lasting marks/bruises...it's ok!

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Dickagon - 09-13-2014 11:49 PM

I think it really comes down to how much bullshit is going on now. Back when I was growing up being hyper meant you needed to play sports, now you need pills. An ass whooping? Nothing. Now it's like they want it to be considered assault.

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Warlord - 09-14-2014 12:10 AM

I thought maybe it was just me, but I guess people born in the 80s and back still understand the value of a good ass-whipping. lol

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - the ollie reed fan club - 09-14-2014 12:16 AM

(09-13-2014 12:02 PM)Warlord Wrote:  ...for spanking his kid? What do you guys think about that? My wife and I both got that old-school "switching" when we were kids, my wife probably even worse than me, since she grew up in China with a strict father (strict even by Asian standards). And we're both a little stumped at the fallout going on in the media.

Hey hey hey cool your jets there. I think we all know that until you provide photographic evidence we must take it that you don't actually have a wife.

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Warlord - 09-14-2014 12:19 AM

(09-14-2014 12:16 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(09-13-2014 12:02 PM)Warlord Wrote:  ...for spanking his kid? What do you guys think about that? My wife and I both got that old-school "switching" when we were kids, my wife probably even worse than me, since she grew up in China with a strict father (strict even by Asian standards). And we're both a little stumped at the fallout going on in the media.

Hey hey hey cool your jets there. I think we all know that until you provide photographic evidence we must take it that you don't actually have a wife.

lol Plus, you don't even know what I look like. No one here does. I may not even be real for all you know!

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Spyder - 09-15-2014 01:09 AM

Apparently it was more than just a spanking. He cut the kid's legs up with a switch, and the kid is 4. Now, I'm not judging AP's parenting techniques, but he also had a kid that he never saw die last year.

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Dickagon - 09-15-2014 10:57 AM

Kids like that from athletes happen, dude. And AD might have gone too far. But that's disciplining his kid and that having an impact on his profession is bullshit. The NFL is just in damage control mode right now and it wants to protect its image so it can keep reaching new markets. It's gonna water it down to nothing.

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - Spyder - 09-16-2014 05:59 PM

(09-15-2014 10:57 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  Kids like that from athletes happen, dude. And AD might have gone too far. But that's disciplining his kid and that having an impact on his profession is bullshit. The NFL is just in damage control mode right now and it wants to protect its image so it can keep reaching new markets. It's gonna water it down to nothing.
Many jobs take disciplinary action against employees for crimes that they commit outside of the workplace...not just the NFL. Most employers won't even hire you for things that you did before applying there.

IMO, playing in the NFL is an honor and a VERY lucrative profession. They should be held to a higher standard than any other dude slaving away at a job that he hates.

RE: Adrien Peterson getting indicted and missing time... - BrotherCane - 09-17-2014 08:11 PM

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/