THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
I need to vent.... - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: I need to vent.... (/showthread.php?tid=17)

RE: I need to vent.... - Spyder - 12-02-2014 12:36 AM

(12-01-2014 10:19 PM)Fitz Wrote:  The type of stroller and car seat matters whether it's a boy or girl? lol
No. But you get options with colors and patterns.

It's better to know, than not to know. I forgot to mention that you have to have 2 different names prepared.

I did refuse the advanced 3D unltrasound though. I wanted to see their faces for the first time when they were born.

RE: I need to vent.... - Warlord - 12-02-2014 12:41 AM

@Salvador

Do you have any proof to support your belief system, or do you take it merely on faith? Scientists at the University of Southhampton just completed a four year study (the largest of its kind that has ever been done) on cardiac arrest survivors and other patients with near-death experiences. The conclusion was that around 40% had out-of-body experiences with varying and sometimes startling recall of people, events, and conversations taking place during the time they were clinically dead. The conclusion from this panel was that consciousness survives death, to one degree or another. The only mystery is how long.

This is not fringe science either. You've got some very notable figures such as Dr. Robert Lanza (voted the 3rd most important scientist alive by the NY Times) who agree with the idea that consciousness survives after death. If you don't know who Mr. Lanza is, I would highly recommend you check out his work (and qualifications). His expertise in the medical field far exceeds yours, or BU's resident asshole who will no doubt feel compelled to comment on this subject.

If anyone should feel compelled to make an argument which is based solely upon his/her own experiences, then save us all the time, because this is something none of you have experienced, and therefore renders your opinions invalid.

If anyone should feel compelled to make an argument which is based solely upon what he/she has seen with his/her own eyes, I'd recommend reading Edwin A. Abbott's seminal work "Flatland", an excellent mathematical account of dimensions, and more accurately, dimensions which can and cannot be perceived by the human eye, and which can appear to change shape based simply on the angle at which it is observed.

Sal, in this instance Method was 100% accurate in his statement regarding the great mystery of life after death. There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your minute philosophies, dear Salvador.

RE: I need to vent.... - lloyd mayflower - 12-02-2014 02:39 AM

Hahah Ollie! What a cock!!

Na like I say im Persoanlly not arsed. She actively doesnt want to know so im cool with that. If that means the kids room is a neutral colour fir a while so be it. Buying an expensive pram in a "gender specific" colour doesnt make sense as we may end up having another one!

RE: I need to vent.... - Spyder - 12-02-2014 03:31 AM

(12-02-2014 02:39 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Hahah Ollie! What a cock!!

Na like I say im Persoanlly not arsed. She actively doesnt want to know so im cool with that. If that means the kids room is a neutral colour fir a while so be it. Buying an expensive pram in a "gender specific" colour doesnt make sense as we may end up having another one!
If she's like other women, she'll want a new set for the next kid. They always find ways to spend more money.

RE: I need to vent.... - lloyd mayflower - 12-02-2014 03:41 AM

Now on that I can agree with you. They are awesome at irrational unneccessary spending!

Its not that long ago that people couldn't find out what the gender was and they managed ok so i'm not fussed on that score to be honest.

RE: I need to vent.... - the ollie reed fan club - 12-02-2014 04:32 AM

(12-02-2014 02:39 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Hahah Ollie! What a cock!!

Yeah but you know I'm right.

Quote:If she's like other women

For a minute there I read that as 'if she likes other women' and I thought hold on this just got interesting! I guess I'm projecting again...........

RE: I need to vent.... - lloyd mayflower - 12-02-2014 04:58 AM

Funnily enough we were supposed to go to to York for the races 2 weeks before her due date. Iv had to cancel this event as the risk of having an English baby is just far to great to be acceptable.

RE: I need to vent.... - Spyder - 12-02-2014 05:50 AM

I'm seriously over seeing a new rug in my living room every three months, with the last one rolled up in the dumpster. I really don't know what I will do the next time it happens.

RE: I need to vent.... - Fitz - 12-02-2014 06:07 AM

I honestly didn't mind if we found out or not. Don't get me wrong, I was very curious, but the girlfriend wanted it to be a surprise.
The whole time though, I was certain it was a boy and I always picture our unborn child at the time as a boy.
I remember going to our first ultra sound which was surreal, and it was a funny chinese guy that had broken english. My girlfriend told him that we didn't want to know, and he was being annoying and kept pushing the issue on whether we wanted to know, lol.
I still remember him looking at the ultrasound, he looked for a few seconds and said "I know what it is, do you want me to tell you?". She said 'no' again, haha.
My dad is a doctor and mother is nurse, and they said it was a boy after I told them the story, apparently boys are easier to pick out that girls in ultra sounds because of the testicles. So when he said he knew what it was after a few seconds, it kind of cemented my opinion and the whole time in my head, I thought it was a boy.

Turned out I did get a boy, he is now about 9.5 months. He is a gun and is already so strong, he makes me proud. He is already taking steps on his own.

RE: I need to vent.... - salvador - 12-02-2014 10:00 AM

@Warlord

One of the issues that I believe scientists who have studied the subject of near death experiences have pointed out is that there is some kind of chemical rush (endorphins maybe) to the brain that occurs near death and this could explain how similar so many of the experiences of people who die on operating tables then come back to life seem to be.

I obviously don't know and like all people I hope that there is something after life that resembles the pleasant stories many of them tell. That said, it seems unlikely that we would live forever and ants wouldn't. And though it's completely natural to spend your life worrying about what happens when it's your turn for a dirt nap, I also think that there is a profound need for people to get the answer they are looking for to this particular question for their own sanity. And so it makes sense that those looking for the answer take the best possible spin on any evidence they find to reinforce their greatest hope.