THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
I need to vent.... - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: I need to vent.... (/showthread.php?tid=17)

I need to vent.... - SmartyBeardo - 03-01-2012 10:25 PM

STEVENSKI Wrote:Just be yourself & play to your strengths not attempt to be something you are not. If you are not a bastard then don't try & be one just be who you are. If that means you are a nice approchable guy then so be it.
True, but don't leave out the rest of the story.

Nice, approachable guys are taken for granted. They are the guys that can be counted on if a chick can't get the dude she craves. They are the 2000 Toyota Echo. You can get her there but she will be fantasizing about the 2012 Jag the whole way.

I need to vent.... - STEVENSKI - 03-01-2012 10:38 PM

Smarty makes a good point there. There is a fine balance but I am yet to find a decent Aussie woman who appreicates the whole player treat em mean kind of guy that seems to work more in America.

One thing that I think is worth a shot is finding out who she supports in the footy & asking her to a game. If she likes footy like 95% of women down here do then she will go to a game with you. That way you can have a few drinks relax over a couple hours & then if it is working go to a few bars after & see where the night leads. It will also give you something to talk about where there is no pressure on either of you. Hopefully she is a Pies supporter too Wink .

I need to vent.... - Fitz - 03-01-2012 10:41 PM

SmartyBeardo Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:Just be yourself & play to your strengths not attempt to be something you are not. If you are not a bastard then don't try & be one just be who you are. If that means you are a nice approchable guy then so be it.

Nice, approachable guys are taken for granted. They are the guys that can be counted on if a chick can't get the dude she craves. They are the 2000 Toyota Echo. You can get her there but she will be fantasizing about the 2012 Jag the whole way.
I am very, very aware of this also, lol.

There can be a middle ground. You can be nice, but firm and tell it how it is if it comes down to it. I think there is a difference between being a 'nice approachable' person, and a 'yes man/people pleaser' who allow themselves to get walked over. Though people pleasers tend to be 'nice guys' as well, as they can go hand in hand, so it does make sense. But they can be separated.

I need to vent.... - Spyder - 03-01-2012 10:44 PM

Fitz Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:

I am very, very aware of this also, lol.

There can be a middle ground. You can be nice, but firm and tell it how it is if it comes down to it. I think there is a difference between being a 'nice approachable' person, and a 'yes man/people pleaser' who allow themselves to get walked over. Though people pleasers tend to be 'nice guys' as well, as they can go hand in hand, so it does make sense. But they can be separated.
That kind of attitude leads to...

I need to vent.... - Fitz - 03-01-2012 10:52 PM

It started off as help and advice, but now it's turning into trolling, haha.

Don't lie Spyder, I know you and your psych history. You know it's not this black and white, troll lol

Fucking married guys acting like I haven't read shit about how you guys are with your wives. I know how they are wearing the pants and read it for myself. I will start trolling the married guys and start using my search function to go back and we will see how tough some of these guys are at home lol

I need to vent.... - JD - 03-01-2012 11:11 PM

I was definitely not trolling you, I was offering sound advice to the quandary you allowed yourself to end up in.

If you deem it to be trolling it means that either my delivery was off, or you are so far off kilter on this particular issue that reasonable, rational and logical advice sounds like trolling to you.

I need to vent.... - Romulus9 - 03-01-2012 11:21 PM

Fitz Wrote:It started off as help and advice, but now it's turning into trolling, haha.

Don't lie Spyder, I know you and your psych history. You know it's not this black and white, troll lol

Fucking married guys acting like I haven't read shit about how you guys are with your wives. I know how they are wearing the pants and read it for myself. I will start trolling the married guys and start using my search function to go back and we will see how tough some of these guys are at home lol

I need to vent.... - Fitz - 03-01-2012 11:21 PM

JD Wrote:I was definitely not trolling you, I was offering sound advice to the quandary you allowed yourself to end up in.

If you deem it to be trolling it means that either my delivery was off, or you are so far off kilter on this particular issue that reasonable, rational and logical advice sounds like trolling to you.
Haha, no you did give sound advice at times. But some posts, I'm sure you were at least semi-trolling. Even the other married guy Spyder said you would respond with a 'passive-aggresive' post, lol.

I have literally done NOTHING at this point where I have put myself in a bad situation. I am still in EXACTLY the same situation I was in when people were saying I was in a good position. Literally, nothing has changed. I'm still in that great position, but being made out that I have fucked myself, which I still don't know how, because the position I am in when it is apparently 'good', is still the exact same position I was in before. Which is why it seems like trolling, lol.

I need to vent.... - Fitz - 03-01-2012 11:23 PM

Romulus9 Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:It started off as help and advice, but now it's turning into trolling, haha.

Haha.

See, this is how far I have come. A few months ago, I was asking for advice on how to get rid of a retard, lol.

I need to vent.... - JD - 03-01-2012 11:28 PM

Fitz Wrote:
JD Wrote:I was definitely not trolling you, I was offering sound advice to the quandary you allowed yourself to end up in.

Haha, no you did give sound advice at times. But some posts, I'm sure you were at least semi-trolling. Even the other married guy Spyder said you would respond with a 'passive-aggresive' post, lol.

I have literally done NOTHING at this point where I have put myself in a bad situation. I am still in EXACTLY the same situation I was in when people were saying I was in a good position. Literally, nothing has changed. I'm still in that great position, but being made out that I have fucked myself, which I still don't know how, because the position I am in when it is apparently 'good', is still the exact same position I was in before. Which is why it seems like trolling, lol.
Nope, not trolling in the least.

Perhaps stating that you allowed yourself to end up in this quandary is a tad strong, though by agreeing to go to coffee (regardless whether you do or do not) has put you in a bit of one.

A good position would be if you were the guy she was hanging with, sleeping with and partying with...while some other guy was meeting her for coffee and offering her emotional support. See how that works?