THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
I need to vent.... - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: I need to vent.... (/showthread.php?tid=17)

I need to vent.... - SKULLSPLITTER - 06-15-2012 08:09 AM

@Maxy....I was in the same boat as you a month ago (without the weight loss)....reading diagnoses on the internet will really fuck with your head...well, I finally went to the Doctor...it had been 11 years since I had a thorough check up...

I was almost certain I had Prostate or Rectal Cancer or something bad with my arteries....thought it was some kind of payback for all The Hate that flowed through me sitting at the computer all these years...lol

Come to find out...my blood work and prostate was fine, and I only had some Bursitis in my hips....that's all...the Doctor said I was in surprisingly good shape for someone who wasn't active and not properly taking care of himself...he said if there was a "magic pill" for me, it would be diet and exercise....

Anyway........whether it's good or bad news today, just stay positive and take care of yourself from now on....all our thoughts are with you.

I need to vent.... - Spyder - 06-15-2012 09:45 AM

JONdaCON Wrote:I have the worse fuccing sleep insomnia and I'm seriously considering seeking medical attention. I've never been a fan of medicine(other then medicinal weed) so I'm not too keen on taking pills and shyt... I've tried the tylenols and nyquils but those don't even make me drowsy. Idkk what to do... It's been like this since I was 12... I get 4 hrs of sleep and feel fine but I do get sleepy midday. The problem is when I lay it down for the night my mind starts racing and I always end up wide awake. The only thing that can put me to sleep is the ganga but smoking and boxing doesn't mix well....

Any ideas?
Melatonin and L-tryptophan always work for me. Both are naturally occurring elements in your body, and are not habit forming. Both are readily available over the counter at any CVS or Walgreens.

If you take them, make sure you dedicate at least 8 hrs to sleep, otherwise you'll have to deal with being a little groggy when it's time to wake up. A cup of coffee cures that for me. .

I need to vent.... - Method - 06-15-2012 11:46 AM

Spyder Wrote:
JONdaCON Wrote:I have the worse fuccing sleep insomnia and I'm seriously considering seeking medical attention. I've never been a fan of medicine(other then medicinal weed) so I'm not too keen on taking pills and shyt... I've tried the tylenols and nyquils but those don't even make me drowsy. Idkk what to do... It's been like this since I was 12... I get 4 hrs of sleep and feel fine but I do get sleepy midday. The problem is when I lay it down for the night my mind starts racing and I always end up wide awake. The only thing that can put me to sleep is the ganga but smoking and boxing doesn't mix well....

Any ideas?
Melatonin and L-tryptophan always work for me. Both are naturally occurring elements in your body, and are not habit forming. Both are readily available over the counter at any CVS or Walgreens.

If you take them, make sure you dedicate at least 8 hrs to sleep, otherwise you'll have to deal with being a little groggy when it's time to wake up. A cup of coffee cures that for me. .
I live, die and SWEAR by melatonin!

I need to vent.... - JONdaCON - 06-15-2012 12:13 PM

ViperSniper Wrote:

Any ideas?

Star flower tea! I came across it from a persian store. If drunken on a consistent basis it's meant to make you relaxed n sleepy. That's if you like tea tho lol.

Also I found out recently that after exercise & physical activity that it take the body 5-6 hours to cool down the the normal body temp. The body falls asleep/rest better at a lower body temp, therefore if your doing your boxing 6 hours before you go to sleep, that could be a factor for you!? So depending on how hot or cold your feeling when you do go to bed could be another factor?
Yeaa bro I love Tea. Is that hot or cold? I deff think the heat might be a factor too! Maybe I'm working out too late cuz by the time I get out of work its night out...

@Spyder... I may have to Checc it out Fam.... Thats why am so reluctant to see the Doc... I don't want any addictive medicine where the side effects are worse then the diagnoses...

Didn't sleep till about 5 am but I got up at 10:30 so 5 1/2 hrs is actually pretty good sleep for me...

I need to vent.... - Spyder - 06-15-2012 12:33 PM

JONdaCON Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:

Any ideas?

Star flower tea! I came across it from a persian store. If drunken on a consistent basis it's meant to make you relaxed n sleepy. That's if you like tea tho lol.

Also I found out recently that after exercise & physical activity that it take the body 5-6 hours to cool down the the normal body temp. The body falls asleep/rest better at a lower body temp, therefore if your doing your boxing 6 hours before you go to sleep, that could be a factor for you!? So depending on how hot or cold your feeling when you do go to bed could be another factor?
Yeaa bro I love Tea. Is that hot or cold? I deff think the heat might be a factor too! Maybe I'm working out too late cuz by the time I get out of work its night out...

@Spyder... I may have to Checc it out Fam.... Thats why am so reluctant to see the Doc... I don't want any addictive medicine where the side effects are worse then the diagnoses...

Didn't sleep till about 5 am but I got up at 10:30 so 5 1/2 hrs is actually pretty good sleep for me...
Do you take any kind of pre-workout drink?

I made the mistake of taking 1MR in the afternoon before a workout, and couldn't fall asleep for the life of me. I had to take L-tryptophan and muscle relaxers just to keep from waking my wife with tossing and turning.

Try moving your workout to the morning as well. That alone might help you. I know I get hyped from working out, and with a metabolism as high as yours...I bet it's screaming after the gym.

I need to vent.... - STEVENSKI - 06-15-2012 08:25 PM

Any ideas?
I would suggest valium or any of the benzo family but that is not a long term solution by any means. That said if I have a bad day & my mind is racing 10mg of aunty Val gets me right so I can sleep.

I need to vent.... - ROLLDEEP - 06-16-2012 02:56 AM

Any ideas?
In the same way you warm up for exercise, you've gotta cool and slow down for sleep.

The number one culprit is caffeine. It stays in your system for ages, so don't have any coffee from 1pm onwards.

No electronics in your room, or put it all on stand by. Don't watch tv before bed...have an hour or so winding down. Get all your stuff ready for the following day so youre not thinking about what's gott be done in the morning.

Keep lighting low in the house leading up to sleep. You literally should move slower, breath slower and do everything slower and more relaxed.

Physical activity helps too....as long as its not right before bed. Give your body a few hours to relax. Try a warm bath too...that helps me.

The right music can help too...but nothing stimulating. Whatever genre can relax you.

Also,carbs before bed get a bad rep, they can stimulate melatonin, which induces sleep, so a controlled portion isn't a bad thing.

All the things you do to get pumped up for exercise or whatever, you need to do the opposite for sleep.

Hope any of that helps.

I need to vent.... - ViperSniper - 06-16-2012 04:57 AM

JONdaCON Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:

Any ideas?

Cool! This tea isn't too bad tasting at all! It's basically dried up purple flowers. Get a palm full into a tea pot for 10 minutes & it's ready. In sure you could make them into a cold ice tea too!

Good luck with seeking better sleep!

I need to vent.... - Maxy - 06-16-2012 05:31 AM

Cheers for the kind words lads. Had the endoscopy yesterday and decided not to have sedation cos that woulda fucked up my Friday night drinking session and after all the stress I couldn't deal with that. It ain't a nice experience for anyone that's done it....I know Stevenski has and he told me it ain't all that so I took that thought with me and it helped keep my head together. Cheers mate.

They didn't find anything visible that worried them but they took a biopsy and now they've ordered an urgent CT scan which I've gotta have in the next week or two...that's the NHS for ya, haha. Anyway, trying to keep my spirits up but I'm shit at this sorta thing. Just gotta keep my head together whilst I wait and see where all this is gonna take me. I'm worried boys.

@Stevenski, I hope you get all your stuff sorted out mate. I know you've had a lot going on and it ain't easy to deal with when shit's on your mind all the time. Good luck man.

I need to vent.... - JD - 06-16-2012 09:41 AM

Maxy Wrote:Cheers for the kind words lads. Had the endoscopy yesterday and decided not to have sedation cos that woulda fucked up my Friday night drinking session and after all the stress I couldn't deal with that. It ain't a nice experience for anyone that's done it....I know Stevenski has and he told me it ain't all that so I took that thought with me and it helped keep my head together. Cheers mate.

They didn't find anything visible that worried them but they took a biopsy and now they've ordered an urgent CT scan which I've gotta have in the next week or two...that's the NHS for ya, haha. Anyway, trying to keep my spirits up but I'm shit at this sorta thing. Just gotta keep my head together whilst I wait and see where all this is gonna take me. I'm worried boys.

@Stevenski, I hope you get all your stuff sorted out mate. I know you've had a lot going on and it ain't easy to deal with when shit's on your mind all the time. Good luck man.
So far it's good news, so don't create bad news out of it.

Stay positive and see what comes back.