THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Top 5 current Brittish fighters - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Top 5 current Brittish fighters (/showthread.php?tid=199)

Top 5 current Brittish fighters - and the NEW - 11-25-2011 07:06 AM

I haven't followed the Brittish scene closely enough lately, but who do you guys rate as the best 5 guys out of Brittain at the moment?

Khan of course, but who are the other guys who could win/hold titles now or into the future? (I know some already have like Ricky Burns).

Are guys like Mitchell, Murray, Brook also in the top 5?

Cheers

Top 5 current Brittish fighters - the ollie reed fan club - 11-25-2011 08:23 AM

and the NEW Wrote:I haven't followed the Brittish scene closely enough lately, but who do you guys rate as the best 5 guys out of Brittain at the moment?

Khan of course, but who are the other guys who could win/hold titles now or into the future? (I know some already have like Ricky Burns).

Cheers
I dunno but I would guess that Fury (great fucken name) Groves and DeGale would have to figure in there somewhere.

Burns of course, and is Haye gonna make a 'comeback' or wah?

Give it a couple of years Chris Eubank Jr. I dunno I just have a strong feeling with him that he will be the goods (based off a YouTube streetfight lol ).

Top 5 current Brittish fighters - lloyd mayflower - 11-25-2011 04:09 PM

the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:I haven't followed the Brittish scene closely enough lately, but who do you guys rate as the best 5 guys out of Brittain at the moment?

Cheers
I dunno but I would guess that Fury (great fucken name) Groves and DeGale would have to figure in there somewhere.

Burns of course, and is Haye gonna make a 'comeback' or wah?

Give it a couple of years Chris Eubank Jr. I dunno I just have a strong feeling with him that he will be the goods (based off a YouTube streetfight lol ).
Froch, Burns, Khan, (Haye???) all have what it takes to hang at world level. Then you have a string of guys you can take your pick from like Brook, Macklin, Fury, Barker, Cleverly, Mitchell, Groves, DeGale, etc who all have ability but for reasons of either inexperience, lack of a step up win or just plain lack of quality, have a ? over their ability at the top tier.

Maxy already identified David Price in the "potential" thread. I like him. Long way to go tho and not top five

Top 5 current Brittish fighters - and the NEW - 11-26-2011 02:50 AM

That's Lloyd. That's basically what I figured.

Top 5 current Brittish fighters - lloyd mayflower - 11-26-2011 03:03 PM

and the NEW Wrote:That's Lloyd. That's basically what I figured.
There will be more, Maxy is more on top of the domestic scene than I am, but thats probably the main ones covered.