THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Alvarez vs Cintron - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Alvarez vs Cintron (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Alvarez vs Cintron - Fitz - 11-26-2011 05:58 PM

Is anybody watching this fight? This should probably be Alvarez's biggest test. On paper, Alvarez should win this but Cintron is similar to guys like Judah, Campbell. Just too big of a gap between there best and worst performances, but on a good night, they can be exceptionally good. Anyone think Cintron is live in there and a chance to upset Alvarez? I'm thinking of putting a little money on Cintron. He is paying $5.75 for the win, $9.20 by stoppage and $16.00 by decision. Not bad value if Cintron has one of his good nights.
Like I said, Cintron can be good on a good night, but what will most likely happen is that Cintron will find a way to lose this fight like he usually does. An interesting fight, though will have to look for a stream or download it later.

Alvarez vs Cintron - JD - 11-26-2011 06:03 PM

I have no plans to watch...it's just sad that Cintron got this shot instead of Molina.

Alvarez vs Cintron - BrotherCane - 11-26-2011 06:06 PM

I'll be watching for sure! I think we might see Cintron cry again knowing it's over! Adrien Broner vs.
Vicente Rodriguez should be fun too!

Alvarez vs Cintron - Lil-Lightsout - 11-26-2011 07:13 PM

JD Wrote:I have no plans to watch...it's just sad that Cintron got this shot instead of Molina.
Great point, but we all know how boxing works. Cintron has the name, and we have seen so many guys come off losses given a title shot before. Kermit did win his last fight to erase that fluke loss anyway. lol

I will watch the fights tonight, they should be some good ones.

Alvarez vs Cintron - Dickagon - 11-26-2011 08:09 PM

my cable bill doesn't pay itself, i watch all the fights on HBO and Showtime. fights are about the only reason i've cable since most sports come on free tv lol.

Alvarez vs Cintron - SKULLSPLITTER - 11-26-2011 09:30 PM

Alvarez needs to look better than Molina did to up his cred and keep the momentum...

Shorting Kermit's circuits in 6 or less would do the trick...and I'm rooting for that.

PS~ I would say he's a little live, Fitz...but I wouldn't put over 20 disposable dollars on it...

Alvarez vs Cintron - Fitz - 11-26-2011 10:36 PM

The CEO Wrote:Alvarez needs to look better than Molina did to up his cred and keep the momentum...

Shorting Kermit's circuits in 6 or less would do the trick...and I'm rooting for that.

PS~ I would say he's a little live, Fitz...but I wouldn't put over 20 disposable dollars on it...
You know what CEO.

I was on my betting page looking at the odds and looking at what I can do. After staring at the lines for about 10-15 mins, I said in my head "you know what? Fuck Cintron, odds like that are great for someone that looks for a way to try and win and Cintron is cut from the same cloth as Judah. No matter what, generally they will always find a way to lose the fight, even when it is there for them to take".

In the end, I though Cintron will find a way to lose, and I'm better off investing something in Alvarez, so I bet very small and I laid very small money on Alvarez to win between round, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 and those bets were purely to build a little extra play money to throw in next weeks fights with Margarito-Cotto, Rios-Murray, Mares-Agbeko and Darchinyan-Moreno.

How is this for a multibet (parlay) next week:

-Mares by decision
-Rios wins between rounds 1-3
-Margarito by TKO

= $67.76

-Mares by decision
-Rios wins between rounds 4-6
-Margarito by TKO

= $50.82

-Mares by decision
-Margarito by between rounds 7-9

= $157.30

-Mares by decision
-Margarito by between rounds 10-12

= $145.20

I have some good combinations, so I decided to fuck Cintron, fuck that dude, he will fail. And go with Alvarez and try make some more play money to throw at next weeks fights.
I already put $100 on a 2 leg multi bet with Margarito by stoppage and Rios by stoppage a few weeks ago. Just pissed me off, because I put the bet on back then because Margarito had odds of $5.20 a few weeks ago and thought I should jump on, because if anything, they will shorten as they looked pretty good. They have widened, he is now at $5.60 for a stoppage, lol.

Alvarez vs Cintron - JD - 11-26-2011 10:58 PM

After growing tired of playing wingman for my divorced bud, I am home and watching the fight now.

Alvarez vs Cintron - Fitz - 11-26-2011 11:17 PM

JD Wrote:After growing tired of playing wingman for my divorced bud, I am home and watching the fight now.
Hahaha.

You are a boxing tragic like the rest of us, who did you think you were kidding?

Drinks

Alvarez vs Cintron - JD - 11-26-2011 11:24 PM

Myself.

As I walked out the door to meet some buddies I knew it was going to be a short night out.