THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - Romulus9 - 12-04-2011 02:24 AM

9-0 Cotto.

Margarito wins one round if you're feeling charitable during this holiday season.

Fuck you, Cheaterito.

Vengeance. War Cotto.

Love it.

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 12-04-2011 02:27 AM

It is what it is....I thought both fighters fought well tonight. Personally, I felt it was a bit closer than the judges had it. I thought Margarito was doing a great job of putting the pressure on Cotto and hitting him with body shots in rounds 3-6. Cotto did pretty well in rounds 7 and 8, but Tony came on in round 9. I thought Cotto swept the first three rounds, and that Tony won rounds 4-6. Cotto took 7 &8, while Margarito took round 9.

Cotto did a lot of holding tonight too, which seemed to go unnoticed by the ref. It was a good strategy I guess.

If the doctor really cared about the fighters safety, why didn't they stop it after 6 or 7? I mean, his eye was closed from round 3 on. The ref and Margarito's camp both thought the fight should have went on. The eye was worse in the Pacquiao fight. Could you imagine if the doctor would have stopped some of those Gatti fights back in the day in NYC?

Anyway, no hard feelings. I didn't lose too much money on Margarito. Gravytrain, and everybody else who picked Cotto, you were right. I enjoyed the night of fights as usual. There were some good fights tonight, and it's great to be a boxing fan. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong (especially when you're a fan of fighters).

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - KingEugene - 12-04-2011 02:27 AM

I lost a ton.of chachua but I don't give a Damn because Cotto pulled it off.

They should have let Margo take that beating but those PRings doctors wanted to be sure Cotto got that victory

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - and the NEW - 12-04-2011 02:36 AM

I bet we see Cotto in vs Chavez Jr next for his '4th division as a Champion'. Zzzzzzzzzz. I really don't like that Chavez Jr kid and Cotto shouldn't be moving above 154. Give him Lara or Alvarez you bum dodge promotors!

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - kookedkrack - 12-04-2011 02:44 AM

Cotto boxed BEAUTIFULLY in there, the only thing I didn't like was that he didn't get dirty in there. I wanted to see low blows, holding and hitting, maybe a few headbutts. The stoppage was good imo Tony couldn't see out of that eye at all, after about the 3rd or 4th round Cotto was circling towards Marg's power hand with no repercussions but I would loved to see the beating continue until the 12th.

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - Dickagon - 12-04-2011 02:49 AM

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:It is what it is....I thought both fighters fought well tonight. Personally, I felt it was a bit closer than the judges had it. I thought Margarito was doing a great job of putting the pressure on Cotto and hitting him with body shots in rounds 3-6. Cotto did pretty well in rounds 7 and 8, but Tony came on in round 9. I thought Cotto swept the first three rounds, and that Tony won rounds 4-6. Cotto took 7 &8, while Margarito took round 9.

Cotto did a lot of holding tonight too, which seemed to go unnoticed by the ref. It was a good strategy I guess.

If the doctor really cared about the fighters safety, why didn't they stop it after 6 or 7? I mean, his eye was closed from round 3 on. The ref and Margarito's camp both thought the fight should have went on. The eye was worse in the Pacquiao fight. Could you imagine if the doctor would have stopped some of those Gatti fights back in the day in NYC?

Anyway, no hard feelings. I didn't lose too much money on Margarito. Gravytrain, and everybody else who picked Cotto, you were right. I enjoyed the night of fights as usual. There were some good fights tonight, and it's great to be a boxing fan. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong (especially when you're a fan of fighters).
i went with Cotto just because i knew no one would take him back in that sig bet thread. i just wanted to talk some trash. i thought the fight was 50/50 since i'd some doubts about both guys and didn't know what versions would show up. this was a pretty good card though, better than any of the big cards TR or GBP has put out lately. i wont be surprised if someone thinks Marg is weak right now and wants him though, maybe GBP for a high profile fight for Canelo. they might think the eye can win them the fight but he isn't ready for anything Marg has for him.

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - Lil-Lightsout - 12-04-2011 02:49 AM

I had it 8-1 Cotto, and the round I gave to Margs was questionable. Either way Cotto did a great job tonight, and looked great in there.

I said from the get go getting rid of Manny was a good move, his new trainer deserves some major props for getting him in shape and having a great game plan.

I look forward to seeing who Cotto fights next.

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - Fitz - 12-04-2011 02:49 AM

Wow, what a performance and I loved it.

Cotto basically shut Margarito out, Margarito possibly didn't win a round and at absolute best, possibly 2. This version of Cotto is maybe not the best physically (like before the first Margarito fight), but this has been the best performance and display of boxing I have seen from Cotto.
He used the jab well early on in the fight, he looked faster and his punching power looked harder than I have seen in quite some time, his footwork looked good, and had good bounce and moved around the ring well. But the biggest improvement and adjustment he brought into his style was clinching. That is what cost his the first fight with Margarito, and what made it difficult with him against Pacquiao. It was literally non-existent in the past, and that is what made him gas earlier. You clinch 3-4 times in a round, you can shave 20-40 seconds a round at times. I think that's why Cotto looked fresher later in the fight as well, a long with the fact he wasn't breathing out of his mouth. But I think the ability to clinch and use his body to push Margarito off was the biggest improvement.
Excellent display from Cotto, the best version of Cotto I have seen, or complete. His body probably isn't as good physically as it was before the first Margarito fight though. But just his boxing display....I don't think I have seen him look better or more complete.

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - Dickagon - 12-04-2011 02:54 AM

Lil-Lightsout Wrote:I had it 8-1 Cotto, and the round I gave to Margs was questionable. Either way Cotto did a great job tonight, and looked great in there.

I said from the get go getting rid of Manny was a good move, his new trainer deserves some major props for getting him in shape and having a great game plan.

I look forward to seeing who Cotto fights next.
Cotto looking like he's at that elite level again is why i don't see him fighting pac anytime soon. i wish they would make that fight though, i would love to see Pac get beat by a guy Arum didn't give 2 shits about and just played him so Pac could get a title.

Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 12-04-2011 02:59 AM

I kind of hope Margarito is done. It's obvious when that eye is touched it's going to close up. It was literally closed from the 4th round on. I don't want to see him in against Canelo personally. I don't want to see Canelo get a name by beating a faded Margarito whose eye can't stay open. I really thought styles make fights, and that Margarito would beat this dude again. He did some good work, but Cotto made the right adjustments. I guess I didn't see the same beating everybody else did. At the end, Cotto's face had quite a few marks on it and Margarito did a pretty good job of touching that body. Honestly, he had Cotto on his bike in those middle rounds and I thought he had it. Props to Cotto though, he didn't wear down after that. He came back strong and put it on Tony in the 7th and 8th rounds.