THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (/showthread.php?tid=255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Maxy - 12-04-2011 12:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/v/DqFtkYR8ZAc&feature=player_embedded

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - SKULLSPLITTER - 12-04-2011 12:48 PM

Well everyone knows where I stand on this one...

Quote:I agree with Spyder that Froch is an overachieving, lucky fighter...he was 15 seconds away from being beneath post-Hopkins Jermain Taylor level...

With the exception of an Abraham who gave 0 Effort, he's literally been squeaking by...this is an indisputable fact...he fought like a drunken street urchin vs. Dirrell and Kessler...there were no P4P Boxing Skills exhibited at all in those fights...

Before The Super 6 began, I stated this tourney was Froch's rise and demise all in one package...his fights from Pascal to now HAVE taken their toll...all you have to is be skilled and try hard against Froch at this point, and you have a good shot at winning.....

so not only do I predict Ward to win clearly, I think he JUST MIGHT stop him here as well...putting an exclamation point on his performance in this tourney.
ALL IN on Ward.

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Romulus9 - 12-04-2011 01:50 PM

When the Super Six started, I picked Ward to win it.

(Fist bump CEO... we were the only two. The thread is probably still in the archives over on the FH Wasteland.)

Nothing has changed. I think Froch is the one that has gained more than anyone else throughout the course of the tournament... but Ward is still going to be the one that wins the championship and will be preparing for a mid-2012 showdown with Bute that the execs at Showtime are drooling over.

Ward. 116-112 or 117-111. Close. Competitive. Clear.

Ward wins. Boxing wins.

2011 is closing nicely and has a lot of momentum building for 2012.

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Maxy - 12-04-2011 02:48 PM

There is a lot of respect for each other I reckon....that definitely seemed evident for me. Both fighters are supremely confident and I thought they both came across pretty well in the 15 odd minute conversation. None of which has any baring on the outcome of the fight.

Two articulate fighters.

War Froch!!!

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - JD - 12-04-2011 03:57 PM

I just don't see how Froch can overcome the speed deficit.

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Dickagon - 12-04-2011 04:05 PM

i like both guys but i really doubt this lives up to all the build up that's went into this fight. the tournament has been too drawn out so by now i think most people expect a war but get a wide decision for Ward.

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - damarvelous1 - 12-04-2011 04:06 PM

Taylor was 15 seconds away from winning a clear decision and Froch received a large gift against Dirrell...

Ward> Dirrell and Taylor...

I'll take Ward by clear decision!

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Maxy - 12-04-2011 04:08 PM

damarvelous1 Wrote:Taylor was 15 seconds away from winning a clear decision and Froch received a large gift against Dirrell...

Ward> Dirrell and Taylor...

I'll take Ward by clear decision!
Please don't talk about Dirrell.

I'm drinking.

lol

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - Fitz - 12-04-2011 04:52 PM

Really looking forward to this fight. The 2 deserving top fighters at 168, and I like both guys and both for slightly different reasons.
I like fights like this, where I don't have a particularly big interest in either fighter. Very big and improtant fight for the 168 division. Though I think Ward wins this comfortably, he is too good for Froch. Ward I think is a star in the making, good boxing IQ, good skills, he can get down and dirty. He seems to be able to do it all. Froch won't beat him on the inside or outside, and I can't see how Froch can win this.
Ward will come out of this victorious and I'm pretty confident in that, though still can't wait for this fight. I hope I'm wrong and we have a close and exciting fight.

Andre Ward vs Carl Froch - SKULLSPLITTER - 12-04-2011 05:22 PM

Romulus9 Wrote:When the Super Six started, I picked Ward to win it.

(Fist bump CEO... we were the only two. The thread is probably still in the archives over on the FH Wasteland.)

Nothing has changed. I think Froch is the one that has gained more than anyone else throughout the course of the tournament... but Ward is still going to be the one that wins the championship and will be preparing for a mid-2012 showdown with Bute that the execs at Showtime are drooling over.

Ward. 116-112 or 117-111. Close. Competitive. Clear.

Ward wins. Boxing wins.

2011 is closing nicely and has a lot of momentum building for 2012.
(fist bumps and takes a shot of Whiskey)