THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. (/showthread.php?tid=2667)

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - BGv4.0 - 04-18-2017 12:24 PM

I cannot believe this garbage is actually being made. Reminds me of when Ali fought that Martial Art dude....

Mayweather gets an easy one sided win...where he beats up Conner simply because he is a pro boxer and the other dude is not. However, I do not see him getting a KO...as I think he has been on the shelf too long and I think McGregor will be big enough to stay on his feet the whole fight despite getting pummeled.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Spyder - 04-18-2017 01:26 PM

Gatti stayed on his feet too. All of you decision conspiracy theorists need to remember that there are more ways for a fight to end than for one of the guys to be on their back.

This fight will be one of the most spectacular beatings of all time. It will join the ranks of Mayweather-Gatti, Jones-Hall, Pac-Oscar, Crawford-Molina...

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 04-18-2017 03:13 PM

But it'll also be a future HoFer vs a guy with a golden gloves level of boxing experience

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Spyder - 04-18-2017 03:49 PM

I feel like you're starting to come around to the reality of how wide this mismatch is.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - the ollie reed fan club - 04-18-2017 06:48 PM

(04-18-2017 03:49 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I feel like you're starting to come around to the reality of how wide this mismatch is.

I think to make things interesting they should mike Floyd up so he can do some commentary during the fight and maybe send some tweets in-between rounds, make it the full multimedia experience. A couple of rounds where Floyd fights blindfolded would spice it up to.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 04-18-2017 10:01 PM

I've never said it wasn't a mismatch, I've said Floyd will put in the least amount of effort possible.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Fitz - 04-19-2017 09:06 AM

Noobs....Boxing will win, but UFC will also win with a moral victory.

Mayweather is so insecure, he won't leave it to luck for one hail mary to embarass him and boxing. He will be safe and embarrass Connor the Mayweather way, and that way is by picking his shots and making sure he doesn't get hit. And despite the fight being a total mismatch, Mayweather would not put Conor to the sword. While in Mayweather's head, he will think he is embarrassing him. He will be doing the same thing that boxing fans usually get embarrassed about by not stepping up a gear against an inferior opponent. Though this time, boxing fans will rejoice on this one and special occasion as it will be good vs evil, boxing vs mma and the boxing fans will live happily ever after.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Spyder - 04-19-2017 10:22 AM

What is the moral victory for MMA?

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - blackbelt2003 - 04-19-2017 01:43 PM

MMA fanboys will say Mayweather ran the entire fight and was scared of Connor. Boxing fans will say Mayweather schooled a low-grade chump.

McGregor will win the post-fight war of words, Mayweather will cry that everyone is racist and nobody gets him, retire and continue being simultaneously over/underrated, McGregor will go back to MMA with his head held artificially high and order will be restored.

Black

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - ViperSniper - 04-20-2017 11:59 PM

I haven't seen much discussion here in regards to the split with the money for this. I've just read Mayweather could make over 100 million while McGregor could make 75 million.

If Floyd Mayweather's highest purse for one fight is over 100 million and Connor McGregor's highest for one fight is 3 million (both the highest figures in their sports history) what should each fighter be getting in terms of split here?

Considering neither could earn more fighting anyone else, both being the biggest names in their sport but one has obviously dwarfed the others numbers what would be reasonable here?

It's also worth noting that both fighters were involved in the highest ppv numbers in history for their sports with McGregor-Diaz pulling in 1.65 million while Mayweather-Pacqiuao pulled in 4.4 millions ppv buys.

I'm hearing 80/20 -70/30 split. I've heard Mayweather say a couple months back that he is only willing to give McGregor double his highest career pay day.

It seems Connor will be making much much more than double his highest payday based on these numbers here.