THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. (/showthread.php?tid=2667)

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - ViperSniper - 08-05-2017 01:16 PM

I also heard there is PLENTY of tickets still available. Surely an event like this should sell in no time..especially considering it's a small venue. But that's what happens when you take advantage of the fans by putting ridiculously high prices on tickets. The price tag of the PPV could potential hurt numbers but feel it will still produce enough buys to surpass Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - JD - 08-06-2017 09:53 AM

If it looks like it won't boom, someone will suffer a training camp injury.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Imperius3 - 08-06-2017 01:08 PM

That would be hilarious.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - the ollie reed fan club - 08-06-2017 07:28 PM

(08-05-2017 12:05 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I feel like the interest in this fight is already starting to wane.

There are reportedly still many tickets available, and hotels in Vegas aren't sold out.

I think my prediction will be right -- this fight ain't breaking PPV records.

Agreed, the whole Manny/Floyd fiasco is still fresh in too many fans' minds.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 08-07-2017 02:16 AM

The only thing that helps this fight is McGregor is in his prime and one of the biggest names in the UFC.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - ViperSniper - 08-07-2017 02:31 AM

In regards to people saying Mayweather-Pacqiuao will do higher numbers due to the fight having the 5 year build up but during those 5 years the fight lost alot of appeal and turned alot of boxing fans who refused to buy or watch it.

The hype & build up is still fresh in the minds of the media & fans that will be attracting not just boxing fans like (Mayweather-Pacqiuao) but also UFC fans, casuals, sport fans & followers.
I expect this fight to go over 5 millions buys.

We should do a board bet on who predicts the PPV numbers.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - JD - 08-07-2017 08:58 AM

5.6 million PPV buys

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - BGv4.0 - 08-07-2017 04:21 PM

As I was leaving the movie theater with my family yesterday they had flyers on the door for the fight. $25 per person if you buy anytime before the fight day. $30 per person on fight day. I just shook my head.....as I said before I won't be spending a dime on what I consider not only a garbage matchup, but I have no desire to see the 49-0 record fall to a "Champion" that did not even have the decency to fight an actual opponent for the record breaking fight.

Seriously Floyd may as well broken the record by fighting his mailman. It's the same level of opposition. the Mailman would be 0-0-0, have the same amount of pro boxing experience....and I'm sure like McGregor...would have a can do attitude too.

This is a total sham.

I've thought long and hard about what could possibly make this fight "fair"...and really the only way to do it would be to have alternating rounds flip between boxing and MMA with round 1 being decided by a coin toss. Even then it would still be fucked up....it's totally apples and oranges.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - blackbelt2003 - 08-07-2017 04:43 PM

But Facebook says Connor has the power and anyone he hits will go! And Twitter says that Floyd has never faced anyone like Connor before! And Instagram had a picture of Connor beating up Paulie Malignaggi who apparently fights just like Floyd!

Black

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 08-07-2017 08:25 PM

Yea but those people are retarded