THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. (/showthread.php?tid=3114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Warlord - 03-12-2018 05:40 PM

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Imperius3 - 03-14-2018 08:24 AM

The Cobra Kai guy stayed in shape throughout the years. Macchio looks like a skinny twit.

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Warlord - 03-14-2018 06:38 PM

He was always skinny. He didn't need to bulk up. He only needed one move to win. When do right, no can defense.

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Warlord - 05-08-2018 05:34 PM

Anyone watch this series? I watched the two free episodes, and then binge-watched the other 8 the same day. Great, great series. You motherfuckers need to check it out, stat. I can't recommend it enough. Best new show in YEARS. If you grew up in the 80's and watched the Karate Kid a thousand times as a kid, there is simply no excuse to have not watched this.

Episode 1

Episode 2

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - the ollie reed fan club - 05-09-2018 10:26 PM

(05-08-2018 05:34 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Anyone watch this series? I watched the two free episodes, and then binge-watched the other 8 the same day. Great, great series. You motherfuckers need to check it out, stat. I can't recommend it enough. Best new show in YEARS. If you grew up in the 80's and watched the Karate Kid a thousand times as a kid, there is simply no excuse to have not watched this.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Great to hear they brought back something that lived up to what has been done in the past and not ruined the legacy. I may well check it out based on the esteemed knowledge of the reviewer on this site lol

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Warlord - 05-09-2018 11:07 PM

(05-09-2018 10:26 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Great to hear they brought back something that lived up to what has been done in the past and not ruined the legacy. I may well check it out based on the esteemed knowledge of the reviewer on this site lol

You won't be disappointed. Johnny is the focus of the series, and he's a really great, anti-PC character. He calls his students pussies and losers, gives them Trump-style nicknames (calls one kid "Lip" because he had a cleft lip, calls another fat kid "tits" because he's got big titties), and doesn't want to take girls into his dojo because he says they're weak and have hollow bones, lol.

Here's an example of Johnny as a father-figure for one his students:

Kid: So there's this girl I'm interested in...
Johnny: Is she hot?
Kid: She's so amazing. She's smart...
Kid: She's kind...
Kid: She's got an amazing personality...
Kid: ... yeah.
Johnny: Alright! Go for it!

Another great scene is when he beats the shit out of his student and gets him in a submission hold and the kid starts tapping, and Johnny is like "there's no tapping in Karate" and keeps torturing him.

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Imperius3 - 05-12-2018 02:14 PM

I'm a few episodes in, and I like what I've seen so far! I want to join Cobra Kai!

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Fitz - 05-20-2018 08:32 AM

Watched the first few episodes. Awesome so far, still has that nostalgic feel without it being lame today.
Only thing I can't get past is Larusso's daughter with the bad spunk which is the asian guy. I've seen it before, but rarely. An asian dude with an attractive non-asian. Not impossible but usually a bit far fetched. I can't take this guy seriously as a 'bad guy' yet.
Only 3 episodes in so I'll see how it progresses. But other than that, this has been awesome.

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - Imperius3 - 05-20-2018 09:52 PM

This was an entertaining show with well-written dynamics between the main characters that played out differently than you'd expect. Some gags and references were a bit too on the nose, but that was expected. It's just a fun show not meant to be taken seriously, which is perfectly fine.

7/10

RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns. - boxingcritic - 05-22-2018 09:59 PM

They're bringing in Kreese next season