THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC (/showthread.php?tid=3230)

Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - JD - 07-30-2018 01:05 PM

Apparently Hearn is going to offer Wilder a fight in the US, against Whyte for a payday multiple times what he has ever earned.

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - JONdaCON - 07-30-2018 03:45 PM

He said 6-8 Million...

Another diversion tactics.

Hearn hopes Wilder takes the fight and Whyte lands a luccy punch to set up a Whyte vs AJ in house unification..

He'll also offer up Chisora.

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - JD - 07-30-2018 04:17 PM

I saw that he’s willing to go to $10 mill.

If Wilder can get Fury for the same purse he should jump at it.

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - salvador - 07-30-2018 04:26 PM

If Wilder can get Fury for $5MM at Wembley he should take it because it's a much easier fight where he's guaranteed to look spectacular.

And after ending Fury's career at Wembley, Hearn won't have any choice but to pay up big time for the Joshua fight.

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - blackbelt2003 - 07-30-2018 04:58 PM

I think realistically Wilder needs to fight one of the UK boys next to set up the Joshua fight.

Obviously Fury is no good as he's with Frank Warren and Frank won't want to do business with Hearn should Fury pull off the upset (unlikely based off his last performance).

So if I was Hearn I'd get Whyte, Chisora or Bellew the Wilder fight in the US to raise the profile of the American for UK tv and put more money in the pot for an eventual unification.

Plus there's always the upside that one of them knocks Wilder off and Hearn gets to unify the belts in-house. Whyte would be his best bet for that strategy, since has enough size, dog and power in him for an upset to be conceivable.

Unfortunately, with Wilder's fairly low profile in the UK I just dont think the risk/reward ratio is good enough in Hearn's mind to warrant making what is a dangerous fight to make. He needs to make the pot bigger first.

Black

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - TheTeddyBear - 07-30-2018 07:10 PM

Wilder is the Champ though he's got the bigger record and longer reign, he shouldn't be having to jump through hoops to unify.

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - JONdaCON - 07-30-2018 07:55 PM

We have guys like Mikey Garcia, who are considered A-Side most of the time, yet he challenges guys like Spence... when you're the A-side you can fight whoever you want and you can also get anyone in the ring with you, if you really want to.

Guys like AJ arent cut from that cloth. They prefer the easy fights for the most money. Very Floydesque...

I think Hearn would actually feel good about Wilder vs Fury cuz itll delay the AJ fight further.

Wilder vs Fury being made quicc and easy will make Hearn and AJ look ridiculously bad... hope it happens.

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - ViperSniper - 07-30-2018 07:56 PM

AJ is starting to come across like the black UK version of Canelo..they even have in ring similarities!

RE: Hearn to offer Wilder a Whyte fight in NYC - lloyd mayflower - 07-30-2018 09:10 PM

(07-30-2018 07:10 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Wilder is the Champ though he's got the bigger record and longer reign, he shouldn't be having to jump through hoops to unify.

Come on Teddy you know better than this