THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Jermain Taylor At It Again - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Jermain Taylor At It Again (/showthread.php?tid=3276)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Jermain Taylor At It Again - Method - 08-30-2018 08:56 PM

I cant believe this is the same guy who's camps I covered for B-Talk back in the day. Just night and day from what I knew him to be pre PTSD.

He IS going to Murder someone, nd I wouldnt want to be around when he does. Wouldn't be surprised if he took multiples out before offing himself. Its a shame.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jermain-taylor-arrested-allegedly-punched-woman-face--131349

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - JONdaCON - 08-30-2018 10:06 PM

This is like the 3rd case of similar events...

I agree, they need to do something MORE before he does kill someone.

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - Romulus9 - 08-30-2018 10:20 PM

Either he's going to kill someone, or someone's going to take him out to save someone else.

It's already a bad road, headed somewhere worse, and it seems as unavoidable as it does tragic.

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - ViperSniper - 08-30-2018 10:57 PM

Just read this before and what the fuck!? He apparently assaulted a woman, put a knife to her throat and threatened to murder her! Is this the 3rd or so episode he has had now? The dude came across as a genuine good guy when he was champion! His future looks bleak. Pavlik too hasn't been in a good space since his days on top!

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - ViperSniper - 08-31-2018 02:32 AM

Kelly Pavlik shooting some dude with pellet gun. Ironic that both former Middleweight champs who rivaled have both fallen off big time!

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - blackbelt2003 - 08-31-2018 04:47 AM

Shit. Always hoped Pavlik would resurface at super middle as I thought he had something left.

Apparently not....

Black

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - ViperSniper - 08-31-2018 05:04 AM

(08-30-2018 08:56 PM)Method Wrote:  I cant believe this is the same guy who's camps I covered for B-Talk back in the day. Just night and day from what I knew him to be pre PTSD.

He IS going to Murder someone, nd I wouldnt want to be around when he does. Wouldn't be surprised if he took multiples out before offing himself. Its a shame.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jermain-taylor-arrested-allegedly-punched-woman-face--131349

What was your role or involvement with B-Talk to get access to cover JT's camp?? That's a pretty cool claim!

I remember seeing some of those selfie vids JT was posting a couple of years ago in bed with chics, firing guns n shit and he just looked fucked! He didn't necessarily change in appearance but just appeared like a completely different person based on how fucked he looked in the eyes! He looked like he was in a very, very dark place...now this! Undecided

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - Method - 08-31-2018 05:30 AM

Not a claim. Just a fact.

I live in Miami. Lotta boxers train out of here. Went in to a handful of Camps (BHop - Carl Daniels camp, DLH Camp, and one other; Antonio Tarver's Camp - First RJJ fight; Juan Carlos Gomez, Zab Judah - Corey Spinks Camp; and then B-Critic (MaxBoxing.com) took me up to Arturo Gatti's camp in Vero Beach (I forget which fight, but he was helping Gatti w his website). That was a nice little road trip. I forget which fight JT had, but went into Pat Burns' gym and filmed. There was a lot of tension amongst his team - Everyone hated Lou DiBella. They were trying so hard to cultivate a marketable rep for JT back then. They got pissed at the beat I put to the vid (too much cussin). It was that 50 Cent/GUnit cover of "Victory" (B.I.G.).

Ive actually read some recent interviews w Kelly Pavlik. He actually seems to be doing much better, and seems to have his head on much straighter than those previous dumb fuck stories about him (post-career).

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - ViperSniper - 08-31-2018 07:12 AM

(08-31-2018 05:30 AM)Method Wrote:  Not a claim. Just a fact.

I live in Miami. Lotta boxers train out of here. Went in to a handful of Camps (BHop - Carl Daniels camp, DLH Camp, and one other; Antonio Tarver's Camp - First RJJ fight; Juan Carlos Gomez, Zab Judah - Corey Spinks Camp; and then B-Critic (MaxBoxing.com) took me up to Arturo Gatti's camp in Vero Beach (I forget which fight, but he was helping Gatti w his website). That was a nice little road trip. I forget which fight JT had, but went into Pat Burns' gym and filmed. There was a lot of tension amongst his team - Everyone hated Lou DiBella. They were trying so hard to cultivate a marketable rep for JT back then. They got pissed at the beat I put to the vid (too much cussin). It was that 50 Cent/GUnit cover of "Victory" (B.I.G.).

Ive actually read some recent interviews w Kelly Pavlik. He actually seems to be doing much better, and seems to have his head on much straighter than those previous dumb fuck stories about him (post-career).

My bad! Not claim, but "fact" you are even able to be apart of JT..AND now alll these other camps you got to experience. Regardless of your purpose or for how long you spent at either of these camps!

Those are alot of impressive boxers names camps you've been to! Which were the some of the more heated sparring sessions you saw lol?
Any boxers surprise you in anyway in terms of meeting them?

RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again - Method - 08-31-2018 03:13 PM

(08-31-2018 07:12 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  My bad! Not claim, but "fact" you are even able to be apart of JT..AND now alll these other camps you got to experience. Regardless of your purpose or for how long you spent at either of these camps!

Those are alot of impressive boxers names camps you've been to! Which were the some of the more heated sparring sessions you saw lol?
Any boxers surprise you in anyway in terms of meeting them?

SO B-Talk needed coverage, and I am in Miami and a big boxing fan. SO I did it just to experience it, and cut/edited the video footage and and they put it up. I can tell you the novelty wore off rather quickly when ppl jhust start expecting shit. All good. It was mutually beneficial.

I'd spend a day in each of the camps. Pretty easy.

As far a sparring...typically teams dont want you in there covering that...for obvious reasons, but I watched BHop abuse Tevin (his lasat nbame escapes me - had a brother...they fought jr middle)...anyway, BHop was working on defense, movement, and then boom, out of nowhere, just started throwing heavy shots. Guy went back to his corner w his headgear turned sideways. When the next round started, the guy was still in his corner w his back turned fiddling w shit and BHop came up and tapped him hard to get his attention (protect at all times type thing). Bernards camps were very professional. He had a lot of Philly muslims in there...Bouie's sons and associates...Everything they did had a purpose, and always working on things, not abusing guys. It was like a boxing camp. Youd have the Allen Twins in there (Bear, Tiger), as well as Karl Dargan.

Interesting thing about the DLH Camp, BHop was walking around at 154 leading up to the fight. He actually put on weight before the weigh-in to step up to 157 1/2.

I saw Antonio Tarver spar John David JAckson leading up to Jones/Tarver I. JDJ Dropped Tarver in sparring, and almost did it twice before Buddy stepped in and sent Tarver home early. Tarver was in such a bitchy mood I didnt even bother to interview him. Told him he could do it through BTalk. I had no time for that pissy shit.

I saw Judah spar but I forget who he had. Also saw Jermain Taylor have his way w someone, but wasn't memorable.

One of the camps I covered for BHop was actually DURING the Jones/Tarver I fight, and Bernard invited me to watch the fight w his team. Fool was falling asleep all during the card (was in the middle of training, and a long card that night), but sprung awake for the main event. He was screaming for Tarver to hit Roy low. That sticks out in my memory, as does the fact that when the bill came, Bernard was pulling crumpled up bills out of his sock (old school Philly style). I also remember once when I left his camp to roll back to my crib, instead of him jumping in his Expedition w his team, he called after me and came running up to walk w me down the street to some juice shop he was going to. His team rode in the truck, and he just went on and on about DBlock this and that. He was still trying to market himself so very accommodating and outgoing. Once he got some more shine, he was a little more standoffish in camp. I almost walked out on his ass one day when I showed up to record and he told me to use old footage. I was like, Fuck this, I don't need to be here. You're not doing me any favors, etc etc and they softened up. One thing ppl dont realize is that bouie was old af after the Trinidad fight. For the Daniels camp, Bouie had iv's hanging out of his arms in the gym. Was clearly getting meds IV'd around the clock. Ppl gave bhop a lot of shit for ditching Bouie in favor of Naazim, but Naazim was doing everything. BHop brought Bouie back for the DLH fight, but that was more out of respect/right thing to do. But Bouie wasn't doing much in camp at the end.

Jermain Taylor's camp was weird. A Clear divide between Pat Burns and Lou Dibella. Pat Burns was very leery and protective of JT. They did not like Lou D.

Zab's shit was ok. They acted a little dickish, but whatever.

Juan Carlos Gomez was cool af. I watched him spar, but forget who it was against.

These videos aren't the best quality. I was green and shooting w a little point and shoot - and learning on the fly as far as video edits, but here are some of them:

BHop training for Carl Daniels (first vid I ever did):

Jermain Taylor:

Continued in next post...

Zab Judah training for Corey Spinks It was the same song as Taylor because Team Taylor made me go back and change the song for the final submission. That's how much of an image they were trying to cultivate. They must've known JT was screwy:

BHOp Training for Oscar 1:

Continued in next post...

BHop Training for Oscar 2 (I always liked this one...as well as the very first one above):

"Fighters don't retire from the ring. The ring retires fighters." - BHop (little did he know how true that would be).

Anyway, none of this stuff is that great, but you asked, so I shared. The novelty wore off quick, and I quit doing this shit a long ass time ago.