THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb (/showthread.php?tid=3335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - JD - 10-25-2018 04:38 PM

Mikey to receive an ass whooping on PPV

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - blackbelt2003 - 10-25-2018 04:59 PM

Don't like this fight all, primarily because it stops us getting Garcia vs Lomachenko or Spence vs one of the other 147 champs.

Occasionally, a champ from one division jumping a weight class to take on a champ two above is fun.

But in the case of 135 and 147, there are so many fucking awesome fights to be made that there is absolutely zero need to contaminate the divisions by mixing them.

Fuck this fight. Spence wins. Easily.

Black

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - ViperSniper - 10-25-2018 08:03 PM

Weight jumping..it can be a real mess!
I have no interest in seeing matchups with size differences like Loma-Rigo or even this one. There are two lots of fighters that should be kept seperate! Lomachenko, M.Garcia or Crawford should all be targeting eachother. Spence, Thurman & Porter should be targeting eachother!

M.Garcia will be bullied in the ring here!

Winner apparently faces Crawford. This fight pisses me off and this fight triangle is fkn pointless and doesn't have much meaning! The way boxing is going they should just terminate and fuck off all "super & junior" divisions and bring it back to 8 divisions. Fuck off all belts and rankings while they're at it too!

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - Imperius3 - 10-27-2018 12:57 AM

I would much rather see Mikey Garcia against Loma. That being said...

The Garcia's aren't stupid. So why do they want to fight Spence, who will no doubt be a strong favorite on paper? I know Garcia and his camp do a lot of film watching, and I wonder if they see something that maybe we don't. Maybe they see a chink in Spence's armor. I'm sure they study every opponent before they agree to fight anyone.

Then again, as the old Mike Tyson adage goes, everyone has a game plan until they get hit.

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - blackbelt2003 - 10-27-2018 04:07 AM

Even if it's a 50/50 fight, i still don't want to see it.

It has no significance. If Spence wins, it means nothing. If Garcia wins, we've been robbed of what would have been a fascinating 147 unification with one of the other titlists.

I'd much rather see them stay in their own divisions and not try and fight someone 'they can see a chink in the armour of'. How about fighting someone they can't see a chink in the armour of and giving us a real superfight?

Black

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - ViperSniper - 10-27-2018 04:29 AM

I agree with you black.

I feel that despite both being amongst the best of yhe new gen neither guy has truly established themselves as the man of their current divisions. They both have plenty of fights around their division. Garcia should try be going for a Loma or Crawford if he wants to play with weight & have a big fight. Errol should be targetting Porter, Thurman, D.Garcia or even think about a Charlo fight soon.

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - salvador - 10-27-2018 08:40 AM

(10-27-2018 12:57 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I would much rather see Mikey Garcia against Loma. That being said...

The Garcia's aren't stupid. Maybe they see a chink in Spence's armor.

I agree that they have to see something. And if he beats Spence it would be a legendary win - something he needs as he is turning 31 in Dec.

I would rather see him fight Loma but I'm sure that if that fight could have been made it would have been - my guess is that Arum was the problem. And if Arum was the problem, then I don't see why Arum would let Crawford fight Garcia even if Garcia beats Spence.

I love the fight because I never believed that Crawford-Spence was happening anyway.

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - JD - 10-29-2018 08:40 AM

Mikey won’t be able to keep Spence at mid range all night. Once I’ve gets inside Mikey will be lost.

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - salvador - 10-29-2018 09:01 AM

That's what makes the fight so interesting because it seems so obvious that Spence will start landing heavy shots at some point and yet the Garcias are still willing to make the fight.

RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb - the ollie reed fan club - 10-29-2018 07:50 PM

(10-29-2018 09:01 AM)salvador Wrote:  That's what makes the fight so interesting because it seems so obvious that Spence will start landing heavy shots at some point and yet the Garcias are still willing to make the fight.

Not only that but he is more willing to make this fight than one with Loma. Rightly or wrongly I think it's clear the Garcia's believe they see something in Spence that makes him vulnerable.