THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread (/showthread.php?tid=3381)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - lloyd mayflower - 01-09-2019 05:08 AM

Fuck it, I was going to stick with not threadworthy but on the blessing of Salvador (Cheers Brother) and also because I run this shit since JD novochoked Spyder, I am having a thread for my firdt and probably only foray into the fight game.

As previously discussed, March 30th is the date and I expect to be able to post the video of it afterwards.

I will use this thread to update my progress and to seek help and advice from pretty much everyone except that cunt Ollie....

Currently on a train to go to a fight shop and buy myself some new 16oz gloves as a late xmas present to myself. Tomorrow I will road test them, although I am currently nursing what I suspect to be a intercostal muscle injury, caused a few weeks ago by a fairly innocous right to the ribs, and recurred yesterday via a fucking monster right to the ribs..... Note to self, cover left hand side of body better.

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - salvador - 01-09-2019 07:38 AM

This is the kind of thing that separates BU from every other site!

As much as I'm interested in the Rocky-style drama of the intense training and the progress you make as a fighter and the things you come to respect about the sport in general as a participant that you wouldn't have otherwise, I'm equally interested in the human side of things.

Specifically I'd like to know how it affects your personal life. When you turn the switch onto "beast mode" to get your self psyched, listening to AC/DC so loud your kids' eardrums might burst, how exactly does it change you as a person knowing that you're actually going to get the chance to punch someone as hard as you can to release all the anger that's been building up since childhood? How does it change your relationships with friends and family? Can you still respect anyone with a boxing opinion whose never had the balls to step between the ropes?

I'm excited for this!

Go Lloyd Go!!!!!!!!!

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - JD - 01-09-2019 01:30 PM

I applaud this thread, Lloyd.

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - Fitz - 01-09-2019 04:23 PM

Stick your chin out like Ricardo Mayorga and let him take a free shot in the opening round. If you pull it off successfully you will really psyche him out, if it doesn't work out for you, you will still have a great video to show us.

Just kidding lloyd, good luck.

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - the ollie reed fan club - 01-09-2019 06:55 PM

(01-09-2019 04:23 PM)Fitz Wrote:  Stick your chin out like Ricardo Mayorga and let him take a free shot in the opening round. If you pull it off successfully you will really psyche him out, if it doesn't work out for you, you will still have a great video to show us.

I endorse this advice and no I am not joking, Fitz really knows his stuff. Can you imagine if your opponent takes his free shot and womps you and all you do is smile back? he will be shook to his core and the fight is all yours after that.

And if it sends you to sleep, as Fitzy says then you have a highlight reel video to post here.

The risk/reward to this strategy is just superb.

(01-09-2019 05:08 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Fuck it, I was going to stick with not threadworthy but on the blessing of Salvador (Cheers Brother) and also because I run this shit since JD novochoked Spyder, I am having a thread for my firdt and probably only foray into the fight game.

You run this under my oversight and don't you forget it.

(01-09-2019 05:08 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  except that cunt Ollie....

I'll admit your character assessment of me is spot on.

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - JD - 01-09-2019 07:40 PM

Ollie, he doesn’t need you to remind him how things really are right now.

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - the ollie reed fan club - 01-09-2019 09:42 PM

(01-09-2019 07:40 PM)JD Wrote:  Ollie, he doesn’t need you to remind him how things really are right now.

It's a reverse psychology pep talk, but shhhhh don't tell Lloyd cool wink

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - ViperSniper - 01-09-2019 10:25 PM

(01-09-2019 04:23 PM)Fitz Wrote:  Stick your chin out like Ricardo Mayorga and let him take a free shot in the opening round. If you pull it off successfully you will really psyche him out, if it doesn't work out for you, you will still have a great video to show us.

This sounds like a great idea Fitz! But if Lloyd is gonna stick his chin out, he better make sure he has Mayorga's strong stance & not be up right like a microphone stand like this guy!!

So I guess..my only other advice (other than not being DQ'd) is to plant your feet & bite down on your mouth piece when you give your opponent a freebie in the 1st Lloyd!

Kinda pumped to know Lloyd is gonna actually go do this in his debut!!!..

Can't wait to see this unfold!!!...

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - lloyd mayflower - 01-10-2019 09:33 AM

Sparred again today. Trying to work the advice re getting closer. Worked a bit but practice is obviously key. Have 3 weeks with no sparring now as no partner at work so its focus on cardio, bags and pads if possible and trying to get stamina and ultimately punch output up considerably.

My rib is fucked and my back has become sore along with it, so no real activity ubtil next Wed at the earliest whereupon I intend to commence some roadwork.

RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread - Romulus9 - 01-10-2019 06:11 PM

Perhaps from a long distance, but I'll be glad to assist any way I can. Video review, anything.