THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus (/showthread.php?tid=3735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Coronavirus - lloyd mayflower - 03-02-2020 08:36 AM

Not often a virus reaches the lofty heights of being thread worthy on a forum as illustrious as this one, but corona is going p4p showing no signs of becoming a 2 fight a year diva.

The death toll from this could be pretty extreme.

Is this nature thinning out the herd?

Have the Chinese deliberately released a man made virus?

Do you enjoy the crisp refreshing taste of Corona Cerveza?

Get your coronavirus anecdotes in here lads.

RE: Coronavirus - blackbelt2003 - 03-02-2020 09:05 AM

Is it a mountain out of a mole hill? It doesnt seem all that deadly, seeing how a common strain of flu kicks its ass in all departments apart from contagiousness.

Black

RE: Coronavirus - lloyd mayflower - 03-02-2020 09:52 AM

It seems to be more lethal though albeit still only to those with underlying health concerns?

I do think theres some serious over reaction going on right enough. Especially in the world of shares where my one trick pony portfolio has been absolutely rinsed...

Speaking of which, where is the money to be made on this?

RE: Coronavirus - Warlord - 03-02-2020 11:59 AM

80,000 people died from the flu last year in America. The media, especially the Western media, is blowing this out of proportion. The American media is doing it because they think it is another political hammer they can bludgeon Trump with. They're already calling it the "Trump virus." Your media is doing it because it is click-bait and ratings.

The only people dying from Corona are the same people dying from the flu, i.e. the incredibly old, the incredibly young, or those who already have underlying medical issues.

A normal, healthy person will contract and beat the infection without ever knowing they had it.

Pound for pound this virus is the most over-rated fighter I've seen in my entire life.

RE: Coronavirus - lloyd mayflower - 03-02-2020 12:45 PM

I will be drinking corona this evening FYI

RE: Coronavirus - salvador - 03-02-2020 01:58 PM

The best coronavirus story I've heard is that 119 people, including 86 patrons, got quarantined in a brothel in Spain after one of the girls got diagnosed with it. Kind of a tough one to explain to the wife!

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/silver-linings-playbook-119-people-quarantined-brothel-spain

RE: Coronavirus - TheTeddyBear - 03-02-2020 03:24 PM

It's only a big deal to take light off the shady political shit going on. Same thing they did with Ebola

RE: Coronavirus - ViperSniper - 03-02-2020 04:05 PM

I wonder how this has effected everyones fav Mexican beverage the Corona!ยก?? How the hell did this virus leave the breweries in Mexico to China and why is China getting all of the backlash for this now? Is this the first alcoholic virus?!? Does this mean higher sales for Tecate, Sol & other Mexican beers??

RE: Coronavirus - Warlord - 03-02-2020 04:51 PM

I hope Greta Turdberg gets it.

RE: Coronavirus - lloyd mayflower - 03-02-2020 05:53 PM

You cant get tecate in the UK. Bit of a shame really.

Which reminds me, this Friday I will be brewing a Mexican Cerveza style beer. When it's time to bottle it I think I will do some with a bit of tequila in it. Yum.