THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus (/showthread.php?tid=3735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Coronavirus - Romulus9 - 03-23-2020 09:19 PM

(03-21-2020 03:25 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Is anyone at home quarantined? How is everyone passing the time?

We have a Stay at Home order in West Virginia, so I'm just watching lots of hockey and Food Network and working on the book.

This apocalypse is such a bore.

RE: Coronavirus - JONdaCON - 03-24-2020 11:29 AM

My Quarantine days pretty much look like:

Wake and Bake
Make Breakfast
Clean the house
Play video games
Home school the kids
Read
Play some instruments
Cook dinner
Workout
Shower
Smoke
Sleep
Repeat

RE: Coronavirus - JD - 03-25-2020 10:50 AM

It is all pretty difficult to transition to me. Half my time was spent in Europe, or another state hanging with clients and developing business.

Now my day is wake up...coffee and shower then hang with my daughter until my wife is up.

Down to my mancave and work at my bar, TV on behind it following NFL free agency. Thank GOD for NFL free agency.
My wife works in the dining room and my daughter does the same...she has all her first grade work.
Constant calls, meetings, etc...until I grab lunch and then head back in my cave.
Go up and throw some dinner together around 5 or 530, eat together and finish the day off in front of my computer from around 7 to 830 or so.

Then do whatever we want at night and repeat.

Weekdays are proving to be way better than weekends.

RE: Coronavirus - TheTeddyBear - 03-25-2020 11:27 AM

I feel bad for the people it's changed their schedule. I have had to change absolutely nothing. Only difference is my kids are out of school so all 5 are home now but that's the only change.

RE: Coronavirus - Snoop - 03-25-2020 06:38 PM

RE: Coronavirus - blackbelt2003 - 03-26-2020 03:30 AM

I am spending so much time with the kids. It's beautiful. It's almost worth the hit my business is taking.

Black

RE: Coronavirus - JD - 03-26-2020 12:38 PM

Absolutely. I would never have gotten this time with my daughter in normal circumstances - so it’s the silver linings we have to appreciate.

RE: Coronavirus - JONdaCON - 03-26-2020 12:39 PM

Blk, you tried anything different to supplement the income? Maybe do a webinar, online training, make house calls?

Or just say fucc it and take the Vacay. My job is still paying me through March... I could probably work but I'm using the first week to get my daughter acclimated to this new school, plus home schooling.

Has your govt spoken of any small business bail outs or anything?

RE: Coronavirus - blackbelt2003 - 03-27-2020 07:49 AM

Jon, I'm doing live training feeds four times per week and some prerecorded home training vids to try and keep subscriptions going, but a lot of members are cancelling due to income.

I've got a ten grand small business relief grant coming next month which will at least pay me some of my usual takings for the new few months. I think I'll be ok...it depends how long this is going to go on for, really.

Black

RE: Coronavirus - JD - 03-27-2020 07:56 AM

Well the Imperial study altered their numbers - and it appears as though 3 months is the maximum tolerance here.

I’d guess that for the US, things start to resume little by little in early to mid June.

Based upon conversation with a client, I know the NBA is looking at a late May with no fans start up and fans coming back mid to late June. Absolute worst case is late June to early July. These were there plans with or without a national lockdown.