THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Kambosos vs.... - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Kambosos vs.... (/showthread.php?tid=4041)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kambosos vs.... - blackbelt2003 - 01-21-2022 07:19 AM

Hearing of various separate talks for George Kambosos' first defence of his lightweight belts.

Eddie Hearn is trying to get Kambosos vs Haney over the line for the undisputed title.

Vassiliy Lomachenko is also pushing to go to Australia to challenge for his old belts.

Or should Kambosos do a homecoming stadium fight before taking on either of them?

I wouldn't mind either of those three options. Lightweight is so deep that there are a multitude of match ups that can be made with more fighters waiting in line to challenge for the belts.

Anyone think Kambosos is more than a one-shot-upset deal and can actually stay king? Or will he have lost his belts by 2022's end?

Black

RE: Kambosos vs.... - Snoop - 01-21-2022 03:01 PM

(01-21-2022 07:19 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Hearing of various separate talks for George Kambosos' first defence of his lightweight belts.

Eddie Hearn is trying to get Kambosos vs Haney over the line for the undisputed title.

Vassiliy Lomachenko is also pushing to go to Australia to challenge for his old belts.

Or should Kambosos do a homecoming stadium fight before taking on either of them?

I wouldn't mind either of those three options. Lightweight is so deep that there are a multitude of match ups that can be made with more fighters waiting in line to challenge for the belts.

Anyone think Kambosos is more than a one-shot-upset deal and can actually stay king? Or will he have lost his belts by 2022's end?

Black

I don't think he'll have them by the end of 2022, esp if he takes on Loma. He has a better shot against Haney.

RE: Kambosos vs.... - salvador - 01-21-2022 05:38 PM

Ryan Garcia is probably his best risk/reward fight.

The sad fact is that we don't really know about who the best LWs are because none of the top guys seem interested in fighting each other - except for Loma. But my guess is that Tank and Loma beat Kambosos and that Kambosos is competitive with Haney and Garcia.

RE: Kambosos vs.... - blackbelt2003 - 01-21-2022 05:45 PM

Yeah, I'd agree with both of you.

Tank is ostracised from the rest, promotionally, so we may never see him get to fight for a title.

Ryan Garcia needs to get his ass back in the ring and fight...he's the least complete of all the top lightweights and right now is beatable.

Loma might end up being the main man again if he gets his shot. He is the most consistent of all of them.

Black

RE: Kambosos vs.... - salvador - 03-22-2022 01:23 PM

According to Fightnews.com Haney is likely Kambosos' next opponent now that Loma has gone back to Ukraine to fight Putin.

Kambosos to Loma on Twitter: "I respect your decision and I totally understand and pray for you and your country. Please stay safe and once I wipe the floor with Devin, we will make this fight between two real champions. God Bless."

I really like this fight. I hope it sells.

RE: Kambosos vs.... - the ollie reed fan club - 03-23-2022 08:44 PM

Kambosos isn't just a guy that had a lucky night, he is better than that. In some of the big fights he'll lose others he'll win. Why take a warm-up, better I think to cash in and take a big fight. even if he loses as long as he puts in a good show he will remain the picture.

RE: Kambosos vs.... - JD - 04-06-2022 10:34 AM

It’s mind boggling to me that Haney is the betting favorite

RE: Kambosos vs.... - salvador - 04-06-2022 12:40 PM

I'm actually leaning Haney.

I kind of think he's the new "focused Judah."

He's got the skills and speed - and if he had Teo Lopez's mindset in the Loma fight, Haney would take it easily. And I've got a feeling that on the biggest stage, Haney's gonna let it all fly.

I don't know enough about the history of Australian judging to know whether or not a home town decision is a real worry.

RE: Kambosos vs.... - JD - 04-06-2022 03:12 PM

Think Pacquiao - Horn.

Haney is borderline unwatchable and can’t close. He will need 8 clean to net a draw…and I just don’t see him doing enough to win.

Draw might be the best buy.

RE: Kambosos vs.... - salvador - 04-07-2022 08:20 AM

I don't think Kambosos is going to land his left hand as frequently or as cleanly on Haney as he did on Lopez because Lopez was reckless and Haney has better movement.

The real questions for this fight is how much is the extra confidence from the Lopez win going to affect Kambosos? And how willing will Haney be to be more aggressive than he's naturally comfortable with?

The one big question mark I have is that even though Haney is faster and more athletic, I think Kambosos has a sturdier frame and might have real physical advantages late that might be the difference if Haney gets tired.

I realize that on paper this isn't the most exciting fight (though I do believe that you, JD, do have a tendency to conflate being "unwatchable" with being bad), but I'm excited for it and it's a PPV I'll be happy to pay for.

Makes me sad that Viper and Fitz aren't here to weigh in!