THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Bivol - Canelo - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Bivol - Canelo (/showthread.php?tid=4046)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bivol - Canelo - JD - 04-06-2022 07:22 AM

Nice to see that Canelo didn’t require a rehydration clause or a catch weight.

I can’t help but ask what weight is too much for Alvarez. He’s a small middle in height and reach and will be much smaller than Bivol in there.

Bivol is not only bigger and fresher, but he’s also very skilled and has the strength to tie up on the inside. This isn’t some washed, drained, payday seeking Kovalev in there.

Not sure I’m ready to lean Bivol, but I do see this as Canelo’s most demanding fight.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - JD - 05-03-2022 05:11 PM

No juice for this fight?

I think this is Canelo’s toughest opponent by far since the first GGG fight.

Way tougher than Charlo, and probably tougher than Benavidez. Canelo doesn’t belong at 75 either, and Bivol is a natural light heavy.

Highly competitive tough fight.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - lloyd mayflower - 05-03-2022 05:18 PM

I might catch some of this, as it will be on when I wake up for my dayshift.... Hopefully catch the second half of the fight at least. I like to see Canelo in controversy free, live fights. It happens way too infrquently on account of him being a prima donna arsehole.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - JD - 05-03-2022 08:09 PM

I think that style wise this will be an awesome fight.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - the ollie reed fan club - 05-03-2022 08:24 PM

All the wise heads see this as a very tough fight for Canelo and actually a pick 'em fight, well apart from the fact that Bivol will need to KO him twice just to get a draw.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - Imperius3 - 05-05-2022 05:27 PM

For sure his toughest fight in a while. Bivol might be too basic though. I think it's only a matter of time before Canelo figures him out and picks him apart. I see this fight going the distance, but I've said that before. Wouldn't surprise me if Canelo proves me wrong again.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - JD - 05-06-2022 06:24 AM

Canelo by MD with a lot of people thinking he lost.

While Bivol doesn’t have GGG’s jab, he has that 1-2 and hooks off of it really well. He’s very athletic and the size disparity is very clear.

All credit to Canelo for taking a fight this tough…that he won’t get the same kind of praise for if he beat Charlo (much easier fight), or Benavidez (style wise an easier fight).

Canelo talking about fighting Usyk above 200 if he has the straps is some crazy shit…I just think this fight will show that a really good fighter at 75 and above is a lot to ask for Canelo’s size.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - the ollie reed fan club - 05-08-2022 01:00 AM

Finally Canelo was on the end of the right decision (although the scores were still way too close.) It almost looked like he gave up in the last 3 rounds. Eddie Hearn's having a rough 12 months.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - Imperius3 - 05-08-2022 01:02 AM

Five rounds was generous. Canelo, stay at 160-168. Usyk would’ve killed you.

RE: Bivol - Canelo - lloyd mayflower - 05-08-2022 02:01 AM

JD with some solid fight calling in this thread. Well played.