THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
GGG unifies, Canelo next? - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: GGG unifies, Canelo next? (/showthread.php?tid=4048)

Pages: 1 2

GGG unifies, Canelo next? - lloyd mayflower - 04-10-2022 09:11 AM

Only caught from 6 onwards in GGG Murata yesterday but Golovkin did what he had to do after what was apparently a competitive start from Murata.

It all looked a little one paced and plodding compared to the GGG of old though. That terminator power is still there though, even through the guard. He damages you with every shot he lands.

Canelo batters him now though unfortunately, but let's take a moment to recognise the Big Mexican Show unifying the middleweight division at 40 years of age.

Some man.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - JD - 04-11-2022 06:27 AM

GGG looked bad early, but it’s hard not to recognize the 500 days he was idle.

He’s still a tough out, and I’d really like to see him take one more fight before Canelo…but that’ll never happen.

All in all he did what he had to do against a good opponent. Canelo stops him to the body, but you have to hope the weight yo-yo’ing hurts him.

Let’s also not assume Canelo walks through Bivol…because he won’t.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - the ollie reed fan club - 04-12-2022 07:53 PM

I expect Canelo to win their final fight but I do have one caveat, every great fighter and GGG is a great, often has one last big performance in them. I'll be hoping against hope that this is that fight for Golovkin where he winds back the hands of time one last time and starches Canelo.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - Warlord - 04-12-2022 09:04 PM

(04-11-2022 06:27 AM)JD Wrote:  GGG looked bad early, but it’s hard not to recognize the 500 days he was idle.

He’s still a tough out, and I’d really like to see him take one more fight before Canelo…but that’ll never happen.

All in all he did what he had to do against a good opponent. Canelo stops him to the body, but you have to hope the weight yo-yo’ing hurts him.

Let’s also not assume Canelo walks through Bivol…because he won’t.

GGG’s otherworldly power is the only thing keeping him in the game at this point. Not only has his body work almost completely vanished, but he now seems perfectly willing to take it to the body and the head just to wade in and bludgeon guys.

I was gonna say it was Marciano-esque, but it really isn’t. Rocky actually had good defensive skills by the end, and more ways to hurt you.

I like GGG, but he’s on the wrong side of peak at this point. Like Ollie, I hope he can pull off one more spectacular win, but if he rematches Canelo it’ll be the first time I picked Canelo over GGG.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - JD - 04-12-2022 09:49 PM

Agreed.

I do think he beats Charlo, but not Benavidez.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - JONdaCON - 04-17-2022 03:31 AM

GGG started off Super SLOW and was VERY hittable early on. That spells trouble against a puncher like Canelo.. his punch resistance seems to be down as well..

If he rematches Canelo, Canelo will KO him and they'll try to make that the only thing we remember long term. I honestly hope they don't make the fight.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - HaYoUkNoWmE - 04-19-2022 02:14 PM

G looked fucking stacked, he was absolutely ass for the first 5 though then he looked like a decently slick boxer from rd 6 to the stoppage. Jonathan Banks def had a hand in it.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - JD - 04-19-2022 08:11 PM

Agreed. He looked to muscular…assume he’s prepping for move to 68.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - lloyd mayflower - 04-20-2022 03:20 AM

Certianly wasn't up on his toes and moving his feet like he used to. He can still measure and control the distance because of his punch power and accuracy, but he can't stalk and cut the ring off like he used to, which is a problem.

RE: GGG unifies, Canelo next? - HaYoUkNoWmE - 04-20-2022 05:49 AM

I think in the rubber with Canelo G is gonna be the one getting stalked, I don't see him gunning Canelo down anymore it'll be a boxing match if he wants to win. Canelo fire power had severely upgraded since their last meeting.