THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Fury - Joshua in December - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Fury - Joshua in December (/showthread.php?tid=4060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Fury - Joshua in December - JD - 09-06-2022 04:42 PM

Fights very close. Contracts exchanged, wouldn’t be surprised to see this five before Crawford - Spence.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - Snoop - 09-06-2022 04:48 PM

Curious to know why they would make Fury/Joshua before Fury/Usyk.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - the ollie reed fan club - 09-06-2022 06:49 PM

(09-06-2022 04:48 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Curious to know why they would make Fury/Joshua before Fury/Usyk.

Usyk apparently doesn't want to fight again this year, Fury does.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - salvador - 09-06-2022 08:40 PM

Fury-Joshua is probably a bigger fight than Fury-Usyk. And Fury smells an easy win with Joshua coming off 2 loses.

JD. do you still think there's a chance for Crawford-Spence this Nov.?

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - Snoop - 09-06-2022 11:02 PM

(09-06-2022 08:40 PM)salvador Wrote:  Fury-Joshua is probably a bigger fight than Fury-Usyk. And Fury smells an easy win with Joshua coming off 2 loses.

How do you figure that? Usyk has the majority of the belts and Joshua's stock has dropped even further with the second loss. Not seeing how this would be a bigger fight.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - JD - 09-07-2022 12:22 AM

(09-06-2022 08:40 PM)salvador Wrote:  Fury-Joshua is probably a bigger fight than Fury-Usyk. And Fury smells an easy win with Joshua coming off 2 loses.

No chance. Don’t see it happening this year and wouldn’t be surprised if it never happens. The fight may not be what those involved want it to be.

The story is that it is very close and is 100% going to happen…but it’s just another case of the sport blowing it.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - lloyd mayflower - 09-07-2022 03:34 AM

Fury Joshua will be huge because Eddie will market the living daylights out of it in the UK. A market large enough that the worldwide lack if appeal following Ajs undressing/enormous true colours reveal is irrelevant.

In the UK, its a fact that Eddie can market a big name v a bum. If the bum in this case it AJ, it will sell and sell well.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - salvador - 09-07-2022 05:28 AM

(09-06-2022 11:02 PM)Snoop Wrote:  How do you figure that? Usyk has the majority of the belts and Joshua's stock has dropped even further with the second loss. Not seeing how this would be a bigger fight.

AJ has been a stadium filling star for a long time and boxing fans, particularly in England, have been wanting Fury-AJ for years.

By "bigger" I just mean bigger money for the fight/event.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - the ollie reed fan club - 09-07-2022 06:56 PM

(09-07-2022 05:28 AM)salvador Wrote:  AJ has been a stadium filling star for a long time and boxing fans, particularly in England, have been wanting Fury-AJ for years.

By "bigger" I just mean bigger money for the fight/event.

Yes agreed and they should make the fight now. I've always believed that once Joshua took his first loss he would go over a Roy Jones like cliff. The meltdown in Saudi Arabia, although they've tried to repackage as 'disappointment' clearly shows the mental frailties Joshua carries around and young sharks will smell blood. As this point he could well lose to anyone and then this fight is dead in the water. They have to make it now or risk losing it altogether.

RE: Fury - Joshua in December - Snoop - 09-07-2022 07:06 PM

I guess I'm underestimating Joshua's UK following and overestimating casual fans' interest in legitimate matches.