THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
floyd racist comments? - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: floyd racist comments? (/showthread.php?tid=449)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

floyd racist comments? - jlupi - 02-15-2012 11:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQg_QelZdmA

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-jeremy-lin-mr-big-shot-floyd-mayweather-twit-article-1.1022873

comments about Lin

not that this has anything to do w boxing but I find myself hating floyd prob even more than he deserves do to all hypes puff pieces so wtfn.

floyd racist comments? - blackbelt2003 - 02-15-2012 12:29 PM

Since when was Africa-America a country? In fact, since when was it a race?

Black

floyd racist comments? - JONdaCON - 02-15-2012 01:08 PM

Idkk... Maybe its cuz its coming from Floyds mouth, maybe cuz Floyd can't put a sentence together but I don't see why all the hate. The comment wasn't that bad imo.... I also think Lin being Asian has everything to do with the fact he's getting so much attention. The main things is Asian don't ball like that so to me its cool seeing something unconventional. Im not saying its only because he's Asian, its obvious this kid was being overlooked, he's posted record breaking numbers through his first 5 games Asian or not, and helping the Kniccs(my fave team) go on a hot streak are all reasons for his success but the notoriety is because he looks like the kid that did your math homework... Let's be honest, deep down inside were all a lil racist. Lol.

floyd racist comments? - JD - 02-15-2012 01:10 PM

Floyd's just mad because he lost money on the Knicks - Lakers game.

floyd racist comments? - JONdaCON - 02-15-2012 01:30 PM

Lol.... What's more shoccing, Floyd making a racist remark or the fact that he started the tweet with "Jeremy Lin is a good basketball player"?... Lol

floyd racist comments? - Dickagon - 02-15-2012 04:42 PM

i was thinking about making a thread about this but didn't really want to give him attention. i seen what he said on espn and checked out floydhype to see if they reported it, they actually wrote a article defending Mayweather. with anything espn is trying to get as much viewers as they can and Lin is a big story in itself. this is a guy that went from being a nobody in the league and someone that might not even make it in the NBA to a person breaking records and being the man on his team, him being Asian is just part of it. but what Mayweather is saying is that if Lin was black his success story wouldn't even get attention. to me that's like everything else this cat does to sell fights, he just acts ignorant and does stupid shit then acts like he's this era's Ali.

floyd racist comments? - Big Slim - 02-15-2012 05:32 PM

Of course Lin being Asian is a big part of why he's getting this much attention. But it's hardly the only reason, and definitely not the biggest.

More than anything, he's getting this much attention because he's playing in NY, the media capital of the world and a town whose sports community is prone to rash reactions and hyperbole. Forget the difference between being black and being Asian, if Lin played for the Sacramento Kings he'd be getting way less national attention than if he were black and on the Knicks.

He's also getting attention because it's not often a guy comes off the end of the bench (even spending some time earlier this season in the D league) to become the star of his team. It's a story. Him being Asian and a Harvard graduate just makes the story that much more unique.

And of course Floyd mostly just said all this to get attention, but he also said it because he's a hater who can't stand anyone else getting attention which he feels he's owed, and because he clearly has some complex regarding his race, and because he's an attention whore with a long history of piggybacking off other people's accomplishments in order to try and snatch an undeserved headline for himself.

floyd racist comments? - Byrd Man - 02-15-2012 07:05 PM

quite frankly I was shocked that he said this. I mean when has Floyd ever pulled a racial attack out of his ass to go after an Asian athlete?

This is SO out of character for him.

floyd racist comments? - torvix2000 - 02-15-2012 07:28 PM

If Pac retires, I'm 1000% sure Floyd will attack anybody even outside of boxing just to sell his fights. lol

We now know that the drug testing issues were not really about the drugs. Fuck. It's about the money.

floyd racist comments? - JONdaCON - 02-15-2012 08:10 PM

Floyds not racist... He's juss insensitive to other ppls culture. That and deep down inside He's a ghetto ass Niqka deep down inside and was never raised with respect or class. that's juss what it is... I aint gone bullshit, he needs to learn to act a lil white sometimes...

Is that racist?.......... Good. Lol