THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax (/showthread.php?tid=584)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 04-20-2012 03:52 PM

What's up fellas? Tonight, on Showtime, one of Minnesota's best prospects is going up against former champ Jermain Taylor. Caleb Truax is 18-0, with a draw. That draw was a terrible robbery against Phil "The Drill" Williams, where Caleb literally boxed the shit outta Phil and won 8-9 rounds. Don't know what the judges were seeing that night. He should be 19-0, and he's a solid fighter. He beat Andy Kolle 11 months ago in a masterful fight. His trainer is Tom Halstead, who used to work with me a little bit too, and he'll work you hard.

The reason he's had such a long layoff is because his promoter Tony Grygelko was suspended from the state. He also was supposed to fight on Showtime against Brandon Gonzalez in January, but Gonzalez pulled out with an injury and Showtime wouldn't approve Walter "2 Gunz" Wright as a substitute.

He's been training really hard though. He never got out of the gym after the Kolle fight and he's in great shape. He's gotten solid sparring from gyms all over the state, and he's ready to go. Caleb is a solid boxer-puncher. He's not afraid to mix it up, but he fights smart. His trainer is starting to be known around the state for coming up with masterful fight plans, as Caleb had a great plan against Andy Kolle, Jeremey McClaurin had an excellent plan against Gary Eyer and was very competitive with Ronny Rios winning rounds. I have no doubt they have another masterful plan on the way for Jermain Taylor.

Caleb is a good dude too. He graduated from the University of Minnesota, but has aspired to make it in boxing. Tonight is his shot for dreams to come true. He's represented my state with class and dignity. I've had the honor of sharing the ring with Caleb more than a few times, as we started boxing around the same time. Obviously, he had the gift a little more than me, and it's been obvious this dude was going to be a solid pro since about 2006 (at least to me and others who sparred with him to get him ready for the Golden Gloves Championships during this time).

I know nobody else is as excited for this fight as me, but I hope yall check it out and root for the man (unless you have some obessions with JT, which is all good). Thanks for reading my long ass rant that I should have just edited and sent to some website dude to put up, but it's going to be a good night. Also, below is some lead up to the fight from this week.

Build up to the Fight

Truax Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pCmI7h29Cwk

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 04-20-2012 04:11 PM

Here's another awesome article about MN boxing and Caleb.

Another Caleb Article

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 04-20-2012 04:22 PM

15 Rounds Article on Fight

Yea, I'm a bit bored at work reading articles.

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - salvador - 04-20-2012 04:38 PM

That's a nice sales job Kyle. I wasn't planning on watching the fight because I can't help but feel like JT is finished and is just fighting because he probably blew through all his cash, but you've changed my mind.

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - kidbazooka1 - 04-20-2012 05:51 PM

Looking forward to the Lara fight. He gonna put a beating on his ass

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - BrotherCane - 04-20-2012 07:16 PM

I was seriously thinking about taking the 50 min ride to go see this fight but I am still a bit sick with this sinus infection. I'll be watching though!

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 04-20-2012 07:22 PM

Damn, that sucks Cane. I know there were a few people from up here thinking about taking the flight down to MS to catch the fight (I know one did).

Glad you will all be watching. I know I'm biased, since I'm from MN and have been in the ring with him, but I really believe he's going to be competitive and win tonight. This guy has more talent than other fighters (beside Will Grigsby) coming out of the state and he's very intelligent in the ring. I know they've watched their film and have a great plan to beat Bad Intentions. I do know one thing, this guy is a lot better than Jesse Nicklow. If Taylor thinks he's getting another opponent like that, he's in for a rude awakening tonight.

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - JD - 04-20-2012 09:32 PM

If he has any power and can land on Taylor at all, he will probably win.

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - the ollie reed fan club - 04-20-2012 09:55 PM

BrotherCane Wrote:I was seriously thinking about taking the 50 min ride to go see this fight but I am still a bit sick with this sinus infection. I'll be watching though!
Just take some 'Cane Cane! lol

Jermain Taylor - Caleb Truax - BrotherCane - 04-20-2012 10:09 PM

the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
BrotherCane Wrote:I was seriously thinking about taking the 50 min ride to go see this fight but I am still a bit sick with this sinus infection. I'll be watching though!
Just take some 'Cane Cane! lol
I don't fuck with Tina or caine bro! lol