THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MMA/UFC (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: UFC 145 in Atlanta! (/showthread.php?tid=588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 08:41 PM

Mark Bocek vs. John Alessio
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones © vs. Rashad Evans

Who you guys got?

Hominick over Yagin by stoppag, RD2
Torres over McDonald by UD
Schaub over Rothwell by stoppage, RD1
MacDonald over Mills by submission, RD1
Rashad Evans over Jon Jones by stoppage, RD3

The key to beating Jones is timing. He won't be able to use his usual front kicks effectively for fear of the takedown, forcing him to fight a pure boxing match. If Rashad is quick enough to close the distance on Jones he'll upset his timing, and then he can use his superior striking technique and power to hurt Jones standing. Then Jones will be forced to answer the questions I've had about him from the beginning. Can he take a punch, can he go the distance, and can he win a fight that he isn't a front-runner in?

The key for Jones to beat Rashad, I believe, is to take him down and wear him out. Jones's wrestling is under-rated by most because he doesn't use it much. I imagine Rashad isn't ready to start defending takedowns. If Jones can get him down, he can use those lethal elbows to cut Rashad up and stop him.

I'm going with Evans because he's been in plenty of big fights as the underdog, and I don't think it really bothers him one bit. He's been in emotional fights as well and come through (ala Rampage.)

Jones's under a lot of pressure, more so tonight than usual. He'll be particularly vulnerable, considering the emotion in the match and the styles nightmare of Rashad.

Evans gets it done, pulling off the upset.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - JONdaCON - 04-21-2012 09:27 PM

Bones Jones.

Schaub.

MacDonald.

Torres.

Hominicc.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 09:31 PM

Bocek gets a workman like UD over Alessio.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 09:39 PM

Yagin CLIPPED Hominick and should take the 1st, but other than that big moment he looked pretty sloppy. We'll see if Hominick can get back into his rhythm here in the 2nd.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 09:45 PM

Yagin drops Hominick again in the 2nd, but Hominick sliced Yagin up for the most of the round, I'll give it to Hominick despite the knockdown.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 09:51 PM

Hominick dominates the 3rd, maybe even a 10-8 round. Hominick should take it, at worst it's a draw if the judges gave Yagin the first two rounds. No way Yagin wins this.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 09:52 PM

Yagin wins a SD and the fans are booing. Rightfully so. Garbage decision.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - Warlord - 04-21-2012 10:00 PM

McDonald knocks out Torres, and I couldn't be happier to have made a wrong pick. Never liked Torres, glad to see that nasty uppercut take his head off.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - JONdaCON - 04-21-2012 10:05 PM

Warlord Wrote:McDonald knocks out Torres, and I couldn't be happier to have made a wrong pick. Never liked Torres, glad to see that nasty uppercut take his head off.
Lol.... He was smiling unconsciously.

UFC 145 in Atlanta! - JONdaCON - 04-21-2012 10:06 PM

My boy baby Schaub is next.... I like him.