THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Berto-Ortiz II in danger - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Berto-Ortiz II in danger (/showthread.php?tid=644)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - Romulus9 - 05-18-2012 03:34 PM

Berto tested positive for a steroid.

Now, he's also coming off of a serious injury so it COULD be related to that but still. If he tested positive for something not recovery related....

DUMBASS.

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - JONdaCON - 05-18-2012 03:48 PM

Romulus9 Wrote:Berto tested positive for a steroid.

Now, he's also coming off of a serious injury so it COULD be related to that but still. If he tested positive for something not recovery related....

DUMBASS.
Man this steroids issue is gettin outta hand. Things will deff start takin a turn if more and more fightings test start coming bacc hot.

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - Dickagon - 05-18-2012 03:51 PM

i can only hope this D fighter aint back on a network anytime soon

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - MrFactor - 05-18-2012 03:54 PM

was his injury something that would be common to a PED user related injury. Didnt he tear a bicep or something. I'm not shocked by this though. he was one that i thought was using. I think PED's are much more prevalent in boxing than we are leed to believe. I think Manny uses, Canelo, Both Klit brothers, Calzaghe, Berto, Ortiz, Devon Alexander recently discovered them, JMM discovered them recently. Roy Jones was probably using, then stopped and started losing. Drop off was very fast for him. I think the era from about 92 or 93 until now, a lot of guys are questionable. Just like Baseball, football, hoops and track and field. Why would boxing be immune to the rage of PED's during that period? Guys want to get a bigger check when it all comes down to it.

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - MrFactor - 05-18-2012 03:55 PM

Oh yeah, I also suspect Chavez Jr. and Martinez.

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - Dickagon - 05-18-2012 04:05 PM

MrFactor Wrote:was his injury something that would be common to a PED user related injury. Didnt he tear a bicep or something. I'm not shocked by this though. he was one that i thought was using. I think PED's are much more prevalent in boxing than we are leed to believe. I think Manny uses, Canelo, Both Klit brothers, Calzaghe, Berto, Ortiz, Devon Alexander recently discovered them, JMM discovered them recently. Roy Jones was probably using, then stopped and started losing. Drop off was very fast for him. I think the era from about 92 or 93 until now, a lot of guys are questionable. Just like Baseball, football, hoops and track and field. Why would boxing be immune to the rage of PED's during that period? Guys want to get a bigger check when it all comes down to it.

torn bicep is more of a overuse injury. i think it's from bad technique on punches and just being unlucky. i don't know how many people are using but boxing hasn't been hard to cheat over the years, i could see fighters doing it. what could really help fighters out is if they stayed in the gym year round and got a real nutritionist and s&c coach. i think the Klits just keep themselves in shape, it wouldn't be hard for some cats phds in sports science

MrFactor Wrote:Oh yeah, I also suspect Chavez Jr. and Martinez.

Jr has been caught using diuretics before so i wouldn't be surprised if he's still using. he doesn't get tested anyway. i don't think Martinez is using though

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - BrotherCane - 05-18-2012 04:12 PM

There are way too many testing positive for steroids these days, it kinda makes you wonder what would happen if they REALLY had true OSDTing 24/7/365. I mean I would like to believe guys wouldn't use but all these positive test does make you wonder. I will also add IMO pointing fingers @ fighters who never tested positive is stupid but as stated in other recent threads, everyone has the right to say and believe whatever they want!

It's crazy to agree to the VADA testing & then go ahead & use when you know you are gonna fail your tests! smh, it makes no sense to me! Why agree to testing when you know you are using?

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - damarvelous1 - 05-18-2012 05:36 PM

I think of a long list of active fighters that's juicing...

Hopkins
Pacquiao
Mayweather
JMM (just started recently)
Khan
Klit Brothers
MArtinez

Yup... basically the P4P list.

I do think Ward is natural.

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - the ollie reed fan club - 05-18-2012 05:39 PM

damarvelous1 Wrote:I think of a long list of active fighters that's juicing...

Hopkins
Pacquiao
Mayweather
JMM (just started recently)
Khan
Klit Brothers
MArtinez

Yup... basically the P4P list.

I do think Ward is natural.
I think your list is very similar to my list. I pretty much agree with everyone you've got down.

Berto-Ortiz II in danger - BigG - 05-18-2012 06:04 PM

Vitali HAS juiced before but I dunno man.

I don't think Mayweather or Hopkins is juicing at all. Pretty much watched most Floyd fight since the amateurs and I just don't think so. Also don't think Calzaghe juiced.