THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
What next for Froch? - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: What next for Froch? (/showthread.php?tid=665)

Pages: 1 2 3

What next for Froch? - ViperSniper - 05-27-2012 11:25 AM

Which fight would you like Froch to take after his dominant victory over the undefeated Bute?

After his best performance and now holding the IBF belt, Carl Froch has set up potential fights, many of them being rematches!

What next for Froch? - Maxy - 05-27-2012 11:35 AM

Gone with Kessler but that's only on the proviso that he can get out of the rematch clause with Bute (it's pointless now) and have the fight in England. It's a funny thing with Froch but after a defeat he seems to come back with career best performances...see Kessler loss, Abraham masterclass, Ward loss, Bute destruction.

What next for Froch? - SmartyBeardo - 05-27-2012 12:02 PM

I will take any and all of the above, but I voted for Kessler. I doubt that Kessler will agree to go to Nottingham though and his move to LHW could be his rationalization for avoidance.

What next for Froch? - damarvelous1 - 05-27-2012 01:07 PM

I want to see Dirrell again. Dirrell beat Froch pretty clearly the first time around. I think he does it again.

Kessler will probably "Duck" a rematch.

What next for Froch? - JONdaCON - 05-27-2012 01:53 PM

Take on Kessler since he's coming off a decent win.... Thatll give you a chance to defend his title against the easier of the 3. Then take on Dirrell and possibly ward later down the line. Ide like to see Froch defend his title 2-3 times before fighting Ward.

What next for Froch? - KingEugene - 05-27-2012 11:19 PM

I'd like to see Froch go to Canada and get another pay day and whip Bute again because Bute does have a rematch clause. That will allow Dirrell enough time to get some more fights under his belt and then rematch Froch. If not I would't mind seeing him avenge his loss against Kessler but I honestly don't think he'd beat Kessler in the rematch.

Besides all of that you got to enjoy Froch.

What next for Froch? - Maxy - 05-28-2012 09:35 AM

WBC silver light heavyweight champion Mikkel Kessler (sat ringside on Saturday night in Nottingham, and watched Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) issue a five round beating on previously undefeated Lucian Bute to capture the IBF's belt at 168.

Bute's promoter was recently in talks with Sauerland Event, hoping to stage a fight with Kessler for later in the year.

Back in 2010, in Denmark, Kessler won a twelve round decision over Froch in a classic battle of fighting spirits and power punches. Kessler is now very interested in another fight with the Nottingham boxer.

"You could not fail to be impressed by the way Froch boxed and he was a different fighter to the one which lost to Andre Ward earlier this year. I think you could say his display was just about punch perfect. He landed with the majority of his big shots and his accuracy was excellent," Kessler told Daily Express.

"I have nothing but respect for Froch and I think the feeling is mutual. We fought each other in the ring, it was a great fight and I won. I am sure Froch thinks he will beat me next time and I hope there is a next time as I will show him again that I am the better fighter.

?I would have no problem travelling to England to face Froch. He came to Denmark, so why not??

What next for Froch? - JD - 05-28-2012 09:41 AM

Yep...that is good to see.

Both guys are 100% capable of selling out a huge arena at home, and neither is afraid or unwilling to travel. Unfortunately boxing doesn't have enough fighters like that anymore.

What next for Froch? - Romulus9 - 05-28-2012 09:58 AM

Maxy Wrote:WBC silver light heavyweight champion Mikkel Kessler (sat ringside on Saturday night in Nottingham, and watched Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) issue a five round beating on previously undefeated Lucian Bute to capture the IBF's belt at 168.

Bute's promoter was recently in talks with Sauerland Event, hoping to stage a fight with Kessler for later in the year.

Back in 2010, in Denmark, Kessler won a twelve round decision over Froch in a classic battle of fighting spirits and power punches. Kessler is now very interested in another fight with the Nottingham boxer.

"You could not fail to be impressed by the way Froch boxed and he was a different fighter to the one which lost to Andre Ward earlier this year. I think you could say his display was just about punch perfect. He landed with the majority of his big shots and his accuracy was excellent," Kessler told Daily Express.

"I have nothing but respect for Froch and I think the feeling is mutual. We fought each other in the ring, it was a great fight and I won. I am sure Froch thinks he will beat me next time and I hope there is a next time as I will show him again that I am the better fighter.

?I would have no problem travelling to England to face Froch. He came to Denmark, so why not??
Nice.

That is seriously encouraging.

Now make it happen this fall.

What next for Froch? - KingEugene - 05-28-2012 12:33 PM

The Froch that beat Bute would beat Calzaghe as well.