THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: JCC Jr vs Andy Lee (/showthread.php?tid=725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - BrotherCane - 06-14-2012 10:04 AM

I have seen Lee showed some balls in past fights but I can't see him beating, Jr especially if it goes to the cards but I don't think even Arum has the balls to fix 2 fights in a row...O.o!!!! Nevermind, it's in Texas, Arum doesn't need to fix the fight for it to be ALL FUCKED UP I hope it's a good fight with no bullshit but with Arum,the WBC and Texas involved, something will be fucked!

My guess is Jr will leave Texas again with no post fight drug test & who knows what else!

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - SmartyBeardo - 06-14-2012 10:12 AM

BrotherCane Wrote:I have seen Lee should some balls in past fights but I can't see him beating, Jr especially if it goes to the cards but I don't think even Arum has the balls to fix 2 fights in a row...O.o!!!! Nevermind, it's in Texas, Arum doesn't need to fix the fight for it to be ALL FUCKED UP I hope it's a good fight with no bullshit but with Arum,the WBC and Texas involved, something will be fucked!

My guess is Jr will leave Texas again with no post fight drug test & who knows what else!
I would be extremely pleased if Andy could pull this off, but he is unlikely to get a fair shake on the decision and I do not think that he can stop the Mexican Princess.

Of course, I felt the same way about Bradley's chances v Pac and guess what? The world stopped turning.

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - BigG - 06-14-2012 01:34 PM

I think Lee will do very well against Chavez. Picking a controversial win for Chavez.

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 06-14-2012 01:44 PM

The Texas commission is going to let Chavez come in that ring at about 185 pounds, just like they did for Rubio. There will be a size difference in this fight, even though Lee is a good-sized middleweight. It's ridiculous the TX commission allows this to happen, and it makes Chavez even harder to beat.

Lee is not a slick boxer. Yes, he has solid skills and was once considered the next big thing out of Kronk. However, a couple years Troy Lowry was putting right hands on him. Lee is very hittable, and that size and the combination of Lee eating shots all night will wear him down. Lee has decent power, but I don't see it keeping Chavez off of him.

I just don't see Lee winning this fight. He won't outbox Chavez, as Chavez has just as much length as him and has enough skills too. He won't outmuscle Chavez, because Chavez is going to be 185 pounds in the ring. This will lead to Lee trading with Chavez, but not getting the better of the exchanges. There will be some close rounds, but I see Chavez winning a clear 116-112 type decision. This will be a good fight though, and both guys will have their moments.

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - lloyd mayflower - 06-14-2012 01:48 PM

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:The Texas commission is going to let Chavez come in that ring at about 185 pounds, just like they did for Rubio. There will be a size difference in this fight, even though Lee is a good-sized middleweight. It's ridiculous the TX commission allows this to happen, and it makes Chavez even harder to beat.

Lee is not a slick boxer. Yes, he has solid skills and was once considered the next big thing out of Kronk. However, a couple years Troy Lowry was putting right hands on him. Lee is very hittable, and that size and the combination of Lee eating shots all night will wear him down. Lee has decent power, but I don't see it keeping Chavez off of him.

I just don't see Lee winning this fight. He won't outbox Chavez, as Chavez has just as much length as him and has enough skills too. He won't outmuscle Chavez, because Chavez is going to be 185 pounds in the ring. This will lead to Lee trading with Chavez, but not getting the better of the exchanges. There will be some close rounds, but I see Chavez winning a clear 116-112 type decision. This will be a good fight though, and both guys will have their moments.
I agree with you. However I think Chavez will go one better and grind Lee down and out for a stoppage win, maybe around nine or ten

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - blackbelt2003 - 06-14-2012 02:06 PM

Lee is brave, and that will keep him in there longer than he deserves to be.

I expect a slow-burn beating from Chavez, with him dominating more and more as it goes on without ever looking really impressive, Lee being pulled out or legitimately stopped in about 10.

And then Martinez in Sep? don't know

Black

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - BrotherCane - 06-14-2012 02:26 PM

blackbelt2003 Wrote:Lee is brave, and that will keep him in there longer than he deserves to be.

I expect a slow-burn beating from Chavez, with him dominating more and more as it goes on without ever looking really impressive, Lee being pulled out or legitimately stopped in about 10.

Black
I hear that Martinez/Jr is trying to be set up on Sept 15th but I think Jr and his camp will do anything not to fight Martinez and I don't care what paper the 2 have singed for the WBC! I wish it would have though!

A PPV worthy card

Martinez vs JCC Jr
Canelo vs Ortiz
Gamboa vs Broner

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - Dickagon - 06-14-2012 02:34 PM

BrotherCane Wrote:
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Lee is brave, and that will keep him in there longer than he deserves to be.

Black
I hear that Martinez/Jr is trying to be set up on Sept 15th but I think Jr and his camp will do anything not to fight Martinez and I don't care what paper the 2 have singed for the WBC! I wish it would have though!

A PPV worthy card

Martinez vs JCC Jr
Canelo vs Ortiz
Gamboa vs Broner
Lee and Martinez signed the paper, Martinez wanted a copy and the WBC quit talking to him. he said it went from him to the Bermuda triangle lol. they're just putting on a show for the fight, Jr wont fight Martinez unless they really see no way Martinez beats him. there's too much money they can make with Jr and he'll always have a WBC strap if he wants it.

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - BrotherCane - 06-14-2012 04:50 PM

lol. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--julio-cesar-chavez-jr-maturing-as-a-fighter-preparing-to-defend-middleweight-title.html;_ylt=AqLt.pxx3VcKQi5FE4zKmLOUxLYF

JCC Jr vs Andy Lee - BrutalBodyShots - 06-15-2012 12:41 AM

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:The Texas commission is going to let Chavez come in that ring at about 185 pounds, just like they did for Rubio. There will be a size difference in this fight, even though Lee is a good-sized middleweight. It's ridiculous the TX commission allows this to happen, and it makes Chavez even harder to beat.

Does he make the contracted weight limit the day before the fight?

If so, what does his ring weight have to do with anything?