THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Badass/Inspirational Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - JONdaCON - 06-15-2012 12:25 AM

I've always been a fan of great quotes.. some of which have really inspired me.. ide like to hear some of your favorites!

This one is an Old Japanese Samurai quote about War...

"Go into battle determined to die, then surely you shall live... go into battle hoping to live, then surely you shall die." :surprise:

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - ViperSniper - 06-15-2012 12:41 AM

It's more of a speech, but one of the last scenes in Scent of a Woman with Pacino speaking infront of the school gets me!

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - STEVENSKI - 06-15-2012 02:49 AM

One of the more badass quote I remember.

Quote:"When you enter a room full of the enemy, kill the first one that moves ?
he has started to think and is therefore dangerous."

Blair "Paddy" Mayne DSO (3 bars) & a right hard fuck.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 06-15-2012 10:57 AM

The "Inches" speech by Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday is always something that gets me going. Always watched that before I went into job interviews or to get motivated to study for the CPA exam.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - BigG - 06-15-2012 11:07 AM

Quote of Red at the end of Shawshank redemption.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Spyder - 06-15-2012 12:36 PM

The quintessential motivational speech that all others try to replicate..."What It Takes To Be Number One"

Quote:Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to ply his trade he's got to play from the ground up - from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. you've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization - an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win - to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there - to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules - but to win.

And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Method - 06-21-2012 06:59 PM

"The more you sweat in the gym the less you bleed in the ring."

"You have a choice - you can stare up at dirt, or stare down at a puddle of sweat."

"There is a big difference between truth and perception; unfortunately, the latter is all that matters."

"Never roll around in the mud with pigs. You're only going to get dirty, and the difference is...the pig enjoys it."

"When you starve with a lion; the lion starves last."

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - boxingcritic - 06-21-2012 11:00 PM

My father said this one stuck with him for life. He saw it when he came back from Korea. (The WAR)

"As you amble on through life brother whatever be your goal, keep you eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole."

Quote:It's more of a speech, but one of the last scenes in Scent of a Woman with Pacino speaking infront of the school gets me!
"A Baired man...What is that? You hurt this boy and you'll be Baired Bums, the lot aya"
"If i were the man i was five years ago I'D TAKE A FLAME THROWER TO THIS PLACE"
"Cradle of leadership...Be careful what kind of leaders you're producin here"

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Warlord - 06-22-2012 12:11 AM

There was never a more badass quote said about the most badass character in cinema history than this:

Teasle: Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?
Trautman: You send that many, don't forget one thing.
Teasle: What?
Trautman: A good supply of body bags.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - lloyd mayflower - 06-22-2012 03:25 AM

Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball; I'm the man who can throw it faster than fuck. So, that is why I'm better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick, everyone.

Kenny Powers