THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Badass/Inspirational Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - BGv4.0 - 06-22-2012 03:56 AM

"I drank what"? - Socrates

Actually Val Kilmer

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Fitz - 06-22-2012 06:08 AM

"It's better to make a mistake with the full force of being, than to timidly avoid mistakes with a trembling spirit"

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - JONdaCON - 06-22-2012 06:49 AM

"Confession is always weakness. The grave soul keeps its own secrets, and takes its own punishment in silence."

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Warlord - 06-22-2012 07:21 AM

Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west.

Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - boxingcritic - 06-22-2012 09:13 PM

I think one of my favorite quotes i first heard in Fight Club

"It's only when you've lost everything can you do anything"

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - lloyd mayflower - 06-23-2012 12:01 PM

Some biblical shit from Samuel L

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - lloyd mayflower - 06-23-2012 12:09 PM

A small part of the declaration of Arbroath. Essentially the Scottish declaration of independence sent in 1320 to the pope who hadn't yet recognised Scotlands independence after Bannockburn.

Quote:But from these countless evils we have been set free, by the help of Him Who though He afflicts yet heals and restores, by our most tireless Prince, King and Lord, the Lord Robert. He, that his people and his heritage might be delivered out of the hands of our enemies, met toil and fatigue, hunger and peril, like another Macabaeus or Joshua and bore them cheerfully. Him, too, divine providence, his right of succession according to or laws and customs which we shall maintain to the death, and the due consent and assent of us all have made our Prince and King. To him, as to the man by whom salvation has been wrought unto our people, we are bound both by law and by his merits that our freedom may be still maintained, and by him, come what may, we mean to stand.

Yet if he should give up what he has begun, and agree to make us or our kingdom subject to the King of England or the English, we should exert ourselves at once to drive him out as our enemy and a subverter of his own rights and ours, and make some other man who was well able to defend us our King; for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Method - 06-23-2012 01:58 PM

boxingcritic Wrote:I think one of my favorite quotes i first heard in Fight Club

"It's only when you've lost everything can you do anything"
It's only when you LET GO of everything, that you are free to do anything

Lot of good stuff in that movie.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Warlord - 06-23-2012 09:51 PM

lloyd mayflower Wrote:Some biblical shit from Samuel L

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Actually that's not "biblical shit." That was written by Tarantino.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Method - 06-23-2012 09:52 PM

Warlord Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Some biblical shit from Samuel L

Actually that's not "biblical shit." That was written by Tarantino.
ahahahaahaha.