THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Badass/Inspirational Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - lloyd mayflower - 06-24-2012 01:51 AM

Warlord Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Some biblical shit from Samuel L

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Actually that's not "biblical shit." That was written by Tarantino.
I knew that, but it is pretty biblical in nature

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Warlord - 06-24-2012 10:29 PM

lloyd mayflower Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
I knew that, but it is pretty biblical in nature
It was certainly written with the intention of being biblical in nature, but the line itself always rang false to me, and is an example of shit writing being rescued by excellent delivery.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - the ollie reed fan club - 06-25-2012 12:39 AM

Warlord Wrote:

In fact I believe Quentin 'borrowed it' almost word for word from a Japanese action film called Karate Kiba.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - Warlord - 06-25-2012 05:26 AM

the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:

In fact I believe Quentin 'borrowed it' almost word for word from a Japanese action film called Karate Kiba.
Wouldn't surprise me. I've always thought Tarantino to be one of the more over-rated directors in recent times, but he certainly knows his cinema history. His quote about Rio Bravo is hilarious.

"When I'm getting serious about a girl, I show her Rio Bravo and she better fucking like it."

Rio Bravo, for those of you who don't know, is one of John Wayne's most popular films later into his career. Not my favorite Wayne film by any stretch (The Searchers, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and The Shootist are all better, IMO), but I certainly do appreciate Tarantino's love for it.

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - the ollie reed fan club - 06-25-2012 06:38 AM

Warlord Wrote:Wouldn't surprise me. I've always thought Tarantino to be one of the more over-rated directors in recent times, but he certainly knows his cinema history. His quote about Rio Bravo is hilarious.

"When I'm getting serious about a girl, I show her Rio Bravo and she better fucking like it."

Rio Bravo, for those of you who don't know, is one of John Wayne's most popular films later into his career. Not my favorite Wayne film by any stretch (The Searchers, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and The Shootist are all better, IMO), but I certainly do appreciate Tarantino's love for it.
I'll actually admit a soft spot for Tarantino. Sure I know he has stolen half the stuff from other places but I do like the spin he puts on it.

His passion for films is undeniable, I love things like the Rio Bravo quote, 1) Because it's funny and 2) Because I'm pretty sure he fucken well means it lol

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - JONdaCON - 06-26-2012 06:21 PM

"In the Land of the Blind, the One Eyed Man rules."

Badass/Inspirational Quotes - STEVENSKI - 06-27-2012 06:59 AM

Some great quotes in this scene

"see ya later cunt"

http://www.youtube.com/v/eNGhisQsf3Q

RE: Badass/Inspirational Quotes - TheTeddyBear - 02-05-2015 03:12 PM

" not attempting because of fear of failure is the same as attempting and failing, only the pussy way of doing it"

RE: Badass/Inspirational Quotes - salvador - 02-09-2015 06:51 PM

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

--vince lombardi

RE: Badass/Inspirational Quotes - ViperSniper - 02-09-2015 08:55 PM

Oohh..ah..ah....ahhhh fuck yeahhhh

-Jenna Jameson