THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning (/showthread.php?tid=805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - JD - 07-21-2012 10:37 AM

Kinda saw this coming...Broner had no intention of making weight this morning either...I think he expected Escobedo to fight him anyway.

This kid thinks he is something special already.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - BrutalBodyShots - 07-21-2012 10:52 AM

Broner is an unprofessional POS. I hope he gets laid out soon. Stunts like this make me not be a fan of a fighter. Not that I was yet a fan of Broner, but it reminds me of Castillo not even attempting to make weight against Corrales for the rematch. Ever since then I rooted against Castillo even though I liked the guy prior.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - JD - 07-21-2012 11:29 AM

Members of Escobedo's camp still want him to take the fight.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - salvador - 07-21-2012 12:09 PM

JD Wrote:This kid thinks he is something special already.
How could he not? With HBO giving him his own little bio special (2 days or whatever) even though he hasn't even been in with a top higher (de Leon, Litzau are decent, not top quality).

Is he an Al Haymon fighter? Or is that an obvious question?

I want to like him because he's so fast and makes the lower weights more interesting, but this kind of stuff really knocks the air out of it.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - Big Slim - 07-21-2012 12:37 PM

Anyone else think this may have been planned in advance? Haymon (along with Golden Boy) has been taking all his fighters to Showtime. Broner is one of the few that HBO has thus far remained willing to concede demands to, but obviously Showtime in general has shown more willingness to bend over for the new number one power broker in the sport.

Also, Broner is clearly looking to cultivate that 'guy you love to hate' image that Floyd perfected over a number of years, and this bullshit will go a long way toward making that happen quicker. He doesn't seem interested in putting in the work to build his reputation the way Floyd and guys before him did. He wants it all right now. This dude is setting the fans up for a career full of frustration.

Watch this fight get canceled and Broner pop up on the Alvarez undercard 9/15.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - JD - 07-21-2012 01:37 PM

Oh Broner didn't care about making weight.

The fight was off as of 20 minutes ago, but now GBP is offering to double Escobedo's purse...I bet this thing happens, which is really sad since only guy trained to make the weight.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - kidbazooka1 - 07-21-2012 03:13 PM

Damn now im pissed i was really looking forward to this fight.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk!

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - salvador - 07-21-2012 03:44 PM

JD Wrote:The fight was off as of 20 minutes ago, but now GBP is offering to double Escobedo's purse...I bet this thing happens, which is really sad since only guy trained to make the weight.
What do you think Escobedo is making, roughly?

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - JD - 07-21-2012 03:45 PM

Escobedo told them to keep it.

He said it was never a money issue, only a fairness issue. Good for him.

Adrien Broner Misses 140 Weight this Morning - JD - 07-21-2012 03:49 PM

salvador Wrote:
JD Wrote:The fight was off as of 20 minutes ago, but now GBP is offering to double Escobedo's purse...I bet this thing happens, which is really sad since only guy trained to make the weight.
What do you think Escobedo is making, roughly?
Well he would have made half of the $60k coming out of Broner's purse, plus his original purse which I would guess was around $40 or $50k.

Broner was making $300k for this.