THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan (/showthread.php?tid=83)

Pages: 1 2 3

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - SmartyBeardo - 10-31-2011 10:55 PM

This is a step up for Quillin, IMO. He should be able to put McEwan away mid to late. If he can he should be matched with Andy Lee with the winner getting SMartinez.

Deontay Wilder is supposed to be on the card but his opponent is TBA.

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 11-01-2011 03:45 PM

I really like that matchup. McEwan nearly beat Andy Lee and was giving him fits in that fight. He seemed to gas down the strech and started getting caught with big lefts. He's a pretty solid fighter, and Quillen has been inactive and not matched very tough. That win over Jesse Brinkley is impressive though, so this is an even matchup to me. I'd actually go out on a limb and pick McEwan by close decision.

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - SmartyBeardo - 11-01-2011 05:08 PM

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:I really like that matchup. McEwan nearly beat Andy Lee and was giving him fits in that fight. He seemed to gas down the strech and started getting caught with big lefts. He's a pretty solid fighter, and Quillen has been inactive and not matched very tough. That win over Jesse Brinkley is impressive though, so this is an even matchup to me. I'd actually go out on a limb and pick McEwan by close decision.
Care to risk a little ChuCha on it?

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 11-01-2011 08:06 PM

Oh no, by no means do I think Quillin can't win. I've seen him fight and he's a pretty good middleweight as well. I was just impressed at the way McEwan appeared to be dominating Andy Lee at points in that fight. Lee is a solid contender, and many thought he was going to be the next champ. McEwan's conditioning will be the factor in this fight. If he can go hard for 10 rounds, he can beat Quillin.

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - SmartyBeardo - 11-01-2011 09:16 PM

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:Oh no, by no means do I think Quillin can't win. I've seen him fight and he's a pretty good middleweight as well. I was just impressed at the way McEwan appeared to be dominating Andy Lee at points in that fight. Lee is a solid contender, and many thought he was going to be the next champ. McEwan's conditioning will be the factor in this fight. If he can go hard for 10 rounds, he can beat Quillin.
I agree that it can go either way. I have a feeling that Team Quillin saw the weaknesses in McEwan. I seriously doubt that Craig can take Quillin out. OTOH, I think Peter can most certainly wear McEwan down and stop him mid to late.

As far as the bet, I'm just tryin' to stir up some interest in doing the ChuCha.

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 11-02-2011 04:24 PM

I suppose we can do a small bet for some chucha. Obviously, you have a bit more than me. How bout I take McEwan straight up for 1000.

I'm not 100% sure how the chucha works yet, but it seems like we can bet with other posters. Is this correct?

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - SmartyBeardo - 11-02-2011 08:52 PM

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:I suppose we can do a small bet for some chucha. Obviously, you have a bit more than me. How bout I take McEwan straight up for 1000.

I'm not 100% sure how the chucha works yet, but it seems like we can bet with other posters. Is this correct?
Hell yeah! We got us the first poster v poster ChuCha bet on BU.

YA'LL HEAR THAT? KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN TAKES McEwan V SmartyBeardo's QUILLIN STRAIGHT UP FOR 1,000CCs

Right on KYLE. Let's do this!

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - SmartyBeardo - 11-04-2011 02:40 PM

Maybe this should be moved to the new ChuCha Room.

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - kidbazooka1 - 11-05-2011 12:47 AM

haven't seen much on Quillen but from what i've heard he might be the goods. Dude really looks dead on the original "kid Chocolate" too.

Peter Quillin v Craig McEwan - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 11-05-2011 09:40 PM

fuck, this doesn't look too bright now. Quillin looks good right now. I really overrated McEwan's performance over Andy Lee big time.