THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Cotto vs Trout - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Cotto vs Trout (/showthread.php?tid=893)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cotto vs Trout - and the NEW - 09-23-2012 05:05 AM

To be honest, I saw more of Trout as an amateur and he was a very good one, but I haven't been overly impressed with him as a professional.

I think he will give Cotto a good fight, but I would have to favour Cotto at this point.

Cotto vs Trout - BrutalBodyShots - 09-24-2012 10:32 PM

Say Cotto is a B+/A- fighter - Trout on that scale has faced IMO nothing better than a C- level fighter at this stage. I consider Rodriguez to be about a C- level fighter because he's beaten a few guys of that caliber as well as lost to some of that caliber.

That said, Trout in facing Cotto is taking a GIANT leap up in opponent. No way I'd pick him over Cotto right now. It's definitely his moment to shine and I hope he makes the best of it, but Cotto is way too much for him experience wise at this point.

Cotto vs Trout - Fitz - 09-25-2012 02:48 AM

Also, this is why Anthony Mundine is a piece of shit.

He turns down Trout because he is a no name, and wants the 'bigger' boys, and talks about guys like Cotto, Mayweather and Alvarez and decides to fight McKart. Now here is Trout fighting Cotto, lol.

Always looking to cut corners.

Cotto vs Trout - and the NEW - 09-25-2012 03:58 AM

Mundine is way past it, no way does he hang with any of the top guys at 154.

The other thing with the Cotto V Trout fight, is this will be in Cotto's 'backyard'. It is like a home ground advantage for Cotto.

I'm actually pretty excited about this fight though. One of the 'old lions' now stepping up against some fresh young blood. It's another reason I really want to see Alvarez vs Martinez. See if the new young guns can take the torch from guys who are a bit older, but still very close or possibly even at their peaks.

Cotto vs Trout - ViperSniper - 09-25-2012 04:08 AM

I'm also lookin forward to this fight. Win, lose, draw, I'm excited to see if we get a new fighter in the mix in Trout. Good work to Cotto for always testing himself by fighting anyone! It's good for boxing.

Cotto vs Trout - the ollie reed fan club - 09-25-2012 04:31 AM

and the NEW Wrote:One of the 'old lions' now stepping up against some fresh young blood.
Have you seen Trout fight? lol Aint nothing fresh or young about him.

Good to see Cotto getting a tune-up payday and a trinket against a sub-par champ/chump before getting his beans handed to him again should he fight Mayweather (or even Alvarez for that matter.)

Cotto vs Trout - and the NEW - 09-25-2012 04:51 AM

the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:One of the 'old lions' now stepping up against some fresh young blood.
Have you seen Trout fight? lol Aint nothing fresh or young about him.

Good to see Cotto getting a tune-up payday and a trinket against a sub-par champ/chump before getting his beans handed to him again should he fight Mayweather (or even Alvarez for that matter.)
haha, true, Trout isn't the most exciting. But someone new to add to the mix.

I agree though, I kind of hope Cotto doesn't face Alvarez. I think he is too big for Cotto and is getting better and better.

Cotto vs Trout - the ollie reed fan club - 09-25-2012 05:36 AM

and the NEW Wrote:haha, true, Trout isn't the most exciting. But someone new to add to the mix.

I agree though, I kind of hope Cotto doesn't face Alvarez. I think he is too big for Cotto and is getting better and better.
As disciplined as Cotto has become he still has a tendency to stand toe to toe with guys when it heats up in the kitchen. That would be a bad bad idea against the red headed Mexican.

Cotto definitely has the talent to outbox Canelo over 12 rounds but I get the feeling that he won't be able to resist getting into the trenches and that spells trouble with a capital T.

Cotto vs Trout - BrutalBodyShots - 09-25-2012 07:52 AM

the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:haha, true, Trout isn't the most exciting. But someone new to add to the mix.

As disciplined as Cotto has become he still has a tendency to stand toe to toe with guys when it heats up in the kitchen. That would be a bad bad idea against the red headed Mexican.

Cotto definitely has the talent to outbox Canelo over 12 rounds but I get the feeling that he won't be able to resist getting into the trenches and that spells trouble with a capital T.
Cotto may have the talent to outbox Canelo over 12 rounds, but I don't think he'd have the legs/stamina to do so with the pressure Alvarez would be applying. I think it would look quite a bit like the Mosley fight, where Cotto was spent and losing the late rounds as Mosley pressed forward. Alvarez however is bigger, and will land more frequently (especially to the body) than Mosley did, so if anything I think Cotto wears down a tad sooner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to me the question isn't whether or not Alvarez beats Cotto, it's if Cotto is able to last 12 rounds.

Cotto vs Trout - MrFactor - 09-25-2012 03:10 PM

Trout D12 over Cotto. Trout is an excellent boxer who sticks to his game plan. He's a lot bigger than Cotto and will keep him at the end of a jab all night and cruise to an easy decision.