THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor (/showthread.php?tid=921)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - ViperSniper - 10-12-2012 01:05 PM

This fight just popped up in my head. Prime Jemain Taylor against the best 160 version of Martinez at Middleweight?

Who would have take this one?

I got Martinez by KO in the early to middle rounds!

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - Method - 10-12-2012 01:40 PM

Taylor by KO within 5 (or KO'd in the last 2)

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - blackbelt2003 - 10-12-2012 02:00 PM

Good fight. Taylor's sharp jab would win the early rounds, Martinez would settle in as the fight goes. Would go down to the wire, Martinez might deserve it, but Taylor would probably get it.

Black

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - Method - 10-12-2012 02:41 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think Taylor knocks Martinez's block off within 5...just like he almost did to Pavlik.

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - Spyder - 10-12-2012 02:46 PM

Taylor by KO.

Too much skill, and punch. I think it'd be late in the fight after SM slowed down. If an outclassed Junior was a minute away from stopping Martinez, then I have no doubt that JT would put it to him.

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - Big Slim - 10-12-2012 04:08 PM

Taylor dominates early, Martinez dominates late. I'll take Sergio to survive the onslaught and score the late rounds KO.

Taylor almost stopped Pavlik and almost stopped Froch, but in the end got stopped brutally by both. Martinez may or may not have been able to withstand the same amount of fire as those guys, but at his best he was harder to hit than each of them as well. Plus Taylor always got tight when he had his man staggered. His failures to stop Pavlik or Froch when he had them close to going was more a result of what he couldn't quite do versus what they were able to absorb, IMO. So I'll take a similar scenario here.

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 10-12-2012 05:34 PM

I got a prime Taylor over Martinez easy...Pavlik in 2010 was pushing Martinez back in those middle rounds, and a prime Taylor at 160 imo is a better fighter than Pavlik. Taylor would keep Martinez at bay with that jab and control the pace of that fight. Even if Taylor fades, it's not like Martinez has the power to take him out. Martinez would win a few of those late rounds, but Taylor would dominate the first 8 rounds of that fight.

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - Method - 10-12-2012 07:45 PM

To hell w keeping him at bay w a jab. A prime Taylor threw heat for the first few rounds.

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - BrutalBodyShots - 10-12-2012 07:47 PM

I've always been shocked by how over rated Taylor is/was just in terms of his skill. I always thought his technique was sloppy as hell and I was amazed that he got 2 decisions over Hopkins. I would take Martinez over him at 160 in their primes by decision or late stoppage.

Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor - JD - 10-12-2012 09:13 PM

Likewise.

Cory Spinks movement befuddled Taylor and Kasim Ouma was able to walk Taylor down and land on him.

I do think it would have been an entertaining fight.