THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - ViperSniper - 10-23-2012 04:41 AM

Another fight popped up thanks to bcritic. I realized these fighters matchup well against others mythically well. How would Tito hold up against a naturally, bigger, stronger, powerful Pavlik at his best weight? How would Pavlik hold up against Tito's punch? Both are there to be hit! Both have gone down before. I think it's would have come
down to who handled whose punch better!

How would have this fight unfolded??

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - Method - 10-23-2012 05:41 AM

Jesus you and these hypothetical fucking threads.

Spyder, create a section for this kid.

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - ViperSniper - 10-23-2012 05:53 AM

Like a classic section??

lol

Tough matchup I know. I think Pavlik holds up better than Taylor would..hypothetically . Had Trinidad faced anyone with the punch Pavlik carried at middleweight?? Both have shown to able to get opponents out of there but Pavlik's prime was at Moddleweight fighting most his career there. He would have the size, power & style to cause danger for Tito..

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - blackbelt2003 - 10-23-2012 09:10 AM

Dude, quit matching Tito up at middleweight.

He didn't do much at middleweight apart from spanking shit-for-brains Joppy and being beaten up by Hopkins and Wright. On that basis alone, I can't see Tito faring too well with elite middleweights like Taylor or Pavlik.

Now stick Tito in with some great jr middleweights or welters and we're popping. Tito-Pac, Tito-Mayweather, Tito-Cotto...those are all exciting fights to make.

Not Tito and his love handles following a guy two weight classes bigger than him around the ring getting jabbed in the face.

Black

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - BrutalBodyShots - 10-23-2012 12:23 PM

Pavlik by KO over Trinidad at 160.

Pavlik at 160 has way too much power, size, strength etc. Trinidad's left hooks could jar Pavlik a few times early in the fight, but Pavlik would constantly give back better than he got. Trinidad would get iced about mid fight.

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - boxingcritic - 10-23-2012 01:10 PM

If Pavlik went down the way he did against Taylor, Trinidad finishes his ass. Pavlik doesn't really have any head movement and is there for Tito's big punches. I pick Tito inside the distance. Late stoppage.

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - BrutalBodyShots - 10-23-2012 04:33 PM

boxingcritic Wrote:If Pavlik went down the way he did against Taylor, Trinidad finishes his ass. Pavlik doesn't really have any head movement and is there for Tito's big punches. I pick Tito inside the distance. Late stoppage.
People make way too big of a deal over Pavlik getting hurt against Taylor. Taylor took away Pavlik's equilibrium with a right hand to the ear and then it took 10 more punches landed to even put Pavlik down, and in the middle of the barrage Pavlik dropped his hands and clowned Taylor as he was getting hit. Then Pavlik took a right to the top of the head when they resumed which made him stumble again, but within 15 seconds of that Taylor's wad had been blown and Taylor was the one holding on as Pavlik pressed the action. Taylor had a good minute and it ends at that.

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - Fitz - 10-23-2012 05:28 PM

Good matchup, but Pavlik may edge it by being naturally stronger.

Tito was a good middleweight (though not his best weight). He just suffered his losses at 160, but they would have been suffered at 154 as well. Had nothing to do with Tito not belonging at 160.

He was also a sore loser. He packed his bags and retired whenever he lost, so he never left a good impression at 160, but he was decent at the weight.

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - boxingcritic - 10-23-2012 05:41 PM

BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
boxingcritic Wrote:If Pavlik went down the way he did against Taylor, Trinidad finishes his ass. Pavlik doesn't really have any head movement and is there for Tito's big punches. I pick Tito inside the distance. Late stoppage.
People make way too big of a deal over Pavlik getting hurt against Taylor. Taylor took away Pavlik's equilibrium with a right hand to the ear and then it took 10 more punches landed to even put Pavlik down, and in the middle of the barrage Pavlik dropped his hands and clowned Taylor as he was getting hit. Then Pavlik took a right to the top of the head when they resumed which made him stumble again, but within 15 seconds of that Taylor's wad had been blown and Taylor was the one holding on as Pavlik pressed the action. Taylor had a good minute and it ends at that.
You're making a strong argument. I think Tito had a lot of Velocity on those lefts and that coupled with Pavlik's lack of head movement and i see Pavlik getting super bloody.

Felix Trinidad-Kelly Pavlik @ Middleweight. - torvix2000 - 10-23-2012 07:33 PM

Pavlik isn't fighting Taylor in this matchup. Pavlik would probably end up getting bloodied in the early rounds. This is a case of each fighter fighting the other's fight (style). I don't think anybody could just stick his chin out against Tito no matter how relatively small Tito is.