Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
07-14-2017, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 12:43 AM by Snoop.)
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
Goddamn. Floyd sucks at talking shit. WTF was up with him apologizing to Dana White in the middle of it? After that it was just random-ass rambles. Conor is a d-bag but he's funny as shit. At least Floyd is getting owned in some part of this debacle.

"HARD WORK!"

"BOOOOOOOO!!!!"

lol

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2017, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 02:16 AM by and the NEW.)
(07-13-2017 10:28 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  True, true.

It's ironic that the biggest PPV star in history is both dull inside the ring and lacking charisma outside it. I think it has come about simply because he is so good and everyone wants to see him lose.

Black

Funny that. A lot of people obviously find him both interesting inside the ring and charismatic outside of it. Anybody who appreciates the naunces of boxing, has to enjoy watching Floyd fight. I'm not sure why the casual fan would though, so it has to be crossover charisma. There isn't any other way.

Guys like Lomachenko and Rigondeaux are as good, and they don't get near the same hype. Guys like Judah were foul mouthed dicks and a heck of a lot more entertaining to the casual fan, but still nobody wanted to turn up in droves to watch him lose.

Floyd has obviously done elocution lessons (just watch him speak now compared to him in the De La Hoya pressers). The way the crowd was against him in Toronto and he just waited before speaking. He knows how to speak very very well. He times his pauses, he asks questions. I'm surprised people actually think he can't talk well. He isn't great at trash, but he is clever and thinks outside the box. His voltron thing and throwing money at a half naked McGregor, followed by going over and calling Dana White his pimp, was gold. He visibly got under McGregor's skin (and watch how fukcing pissed Dana was, he knows all UFC fighters know that he is their pimp and they don't like it). Not that any of it will matter come fight time, this is all just hype, neither guy is breaking mentally. But even that won't matter, a slap down is coming.

I don't understand all the black slang though, but half the crowd in New York turned on him badly after his comments? I don't get the lingo though, so not sure what the insult was (something about him fukcing their bitches).

Also, what is up with people all over the internet starting to say "fook you". Same as the boos for Showtime. It seems like these hardcore McGregor fans follow his every word like he is a cult leader.

Bring on the fight, may as well skip London.
Find all posts by this user
07-14-2017, 03:14 AM
For what is worth, Macgregor has met his match to a certain extent in these press conferences. Floyd is in no way as articulate, witty or charismatic as Connor...but he manages to visibly get under the Irishman's skin more than Macgregor does to him, which, I guess, is the whole battle in these things.

Thats why Floyd always manages to be super cool in the ring and the other guy loses their head. He has a knack of getting inside people's heads. Macgregor may be winning the popularity votes (which is how most people judge press conferences) but Floyd is the one keeping his cool whilst Macgregor seems to be getting annoyed.

That may or may not translate into the ring (it usually does in Floyd fights)

Black
07-14-2017, 01:19 PM
Im surprised to see so much interest in this on here. You realize McGregor doesn't even have an amateur level of experience, right? Quit kissing his ass for padding his record.
07-14-2017, 02:44 PM
The fight is so big, Connor is getting attacked by SJW's for being a racist. I might've been wrong about this fight selling less than May-Pac...

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/14/conor-mcgregor-racist/

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
07-14-2017, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 02:54 PM by Snoop.)
(07-14-2017 02:44 PM)Spyder Wrote:  The fight is so big, Connor is getting attacked by SJW's for being a racist. I might've been wrong about this fight selling less than May-Pac...

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/14/conor-mcgregor-racist/

LOL. I just read another piece about this on boxingscene:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor-call...ds--118495

McGregor ain't racist, as in he doesn't hate or discriminate people based on their race. Some of the shit he's saying is kind of ignorant though. It's just reminiscent of a time when things like the shit he's doing/saying was actually racist, so I think that's why people are having the reaction they're having. He's not racist though, just being Conor McGregor.

And shit yes, bring race into the equation and this fight will SELL. It always work when promoting a fight. Just look at Holmes-Cooney. It's funny cuz those two are super good friends in real life, but everyone else made it about race.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-14-2017, 02:54 PM
"Dance for me, boy" is racist?
07-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Bovada has the over / under at 4.99 million buys.

To bet the over you need to lay at -120.

It'll do 5.5 million
07-14-2017, 05:39 PM
I can't find a single thing that is even remotely racist in all of that.

If you think a joke about being half black 'from the waist down' is a racist comment but find Chris Rock's 'white people anecdotes' hilarious, you're a massive part of the problem.

Black
07-14-2017, 05:50 PM
McGregor and Floyd were seen gettin off and on the same private jet.. lol.

I think they're fooling the UFC fan boys more then anyone else.... with the general public a close 2nd.

I gotta admit, Connor is pretty convincing... lots of people are giving him more then a punchers chance.... which is hilarious.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)