Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
08-01-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
Yeah, but Floyd struggles with southpaws and is 40 and has never fought anyone like Conor! Facebook says!

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2017, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 08:40 PM by BrutalBodyShots.)
(08-01-2017 01:23 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I don't think that Connor will press the action after tasting leather. Floyd has been known to stink up the joint in there, so it may become one of those boring staring contests from mid-fight on.

That may be the case, but even so I say Mayweather stops McGregor. In between the staring contest Mayweather will be landing clean shots. I don't care if it's only 5-10 a round, that will be enough to stop McGregor as he'll be completely gassed, out of his element and at a point in the fight that his cardio has never seen. He's in way over his head. If Diaz could almost stop him with sloppy SLAPS, Mayweather will be able to stop him with a combination of sharp punches and stares.
08-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Between rounds 4 and 7 it ends...if Floyd felt like it, the fight wouldn't last 2.
08-01-2017, 11:04 PM
We are more likely to see Conor not come out for a round than being stopped or KO'd. He will have many opportunities to stay on his stool
08-02-2017, 02:30 AM
I think this is a case of Macgregor not being ready for a twelve round fight than Floyd legitimately stopping him. McGregor will come out aggressively and on the front foot but will gas as the fight goes on. One of Floyd's usually innocuous little shots will suddenly have a massive effect on a tiring novice who will go to jelly and have no clue how to ride out the storm. He'll either get stopped there and then or make it to the corner and retire.

Black
08-02-2017, 05:06 AM
You guys have been saying Floyd will stop all these guys and he never does. You cunts are more delusional than his gfs that think one day he'll stop hitting them.
08-02-2017, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 06:35 AM by and the NEW.)
I don't think Floyd will find his range after 1 round and start teeing off. Conor is still dangerous and throws a good counter. Floyd will pot shot him and drain him before he starts to tee off on him. This will take a few rounds.

Conor will not know what has hit him after that though, with his hands down, being hit clean, while he is fatigued. Another big problem for Conor will be fighting in 10oz gloves, it is a lot more tiring than having basically no gloves, particularly when you are hitting air and have to pull that weight back every time you miss.
08-02-2017, 07:39 AM
(08-02-2017 05:06 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  You guys have been saying Floyd will stop all these guys and he never does. You cunts are more delusional than his gfs that think one day he'll stop hitting them.

"All these guys" have not been making their boxing debut.
08-02-2017, 07:40 AM
This isn't a case of Floyd going for the KO, it's a case of Conor not being able to go twelve rounds with a world class professional boxer. He'd struggle to go 12 with Paulie Malignaggi.
08-02-2017, 07:50 AM
(08-02-2017 07:40 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  This isn't a case of Floyd going for the KO, it's a case of Conor not being able to go twelve rounds with a world class professional boxer. He'd struggle to go 12 with Paulie Malignaggi.

Agreed. It's really funny you mentioned Malignaggi, as yesterday I was going to post nearly the same thing, but more with a reference to punching power. When people say Mayweather "doesn't have the power" to stop McGregor, I was going to say Paulie Malignaggi could stop McGregor and obviously Paulie can't hit as well as Mayweather, meaning that it isn't about punching power. Paulie is obviously far more shop worn today and far less resilient than he was a few years back, but he'd still probably UD McGregor. Give me the Paulie that fought an even fight with Broner over McGregor by failed cardio stoppage, though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)