Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
12-05-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
Yeah I think he's name was Vargas lol? He's last opponent didn't look like no killer, but I guess Garcia didn't do too much wrong in the process either..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Should be a good match up here between these two.

Garcia to me has fallen off quite a bit ever since he left 140. Back at 140 he was fighting lots of big names and all of us were talking about him. It's a shame when guys seemingly in their prime / at the top of their game just sort of fade away for whatever reason. Since moving up he's faced a few past prime guys and a nobody, so it's fair to say that Garcia is very unproven at 147. Based on that, I think Thurman will simply have too much for him at this point. Garcia has always been tough and can give and take, so I think he'll make it the distance but in a losing effort.
12-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Does Garcia's chin hold up? Or will Thurman get the KO?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I can't understand why fighters feel they have to move up out of their prime weight classes all the time.

Garcia was part way to unifying the 140 division and being one of its most solid champs. I get it that they want money fights (and everyone from 160 down wanted Mayweather)...but do you really have to give up your belts and fight shitty 147 fights to get it?

Surely it would have made business sense to call Mayweather out when you are the undisputed, ruling 140lb champion with no challengers left? And then, if you do lose, you've got your prime division and belts to go back to. Instead, Garcia has lost his fizzle and his shine and is now a so-so champ fighting ten round non title fights for chump change.

Having said that, the Thurman fight is a good one...I just don't see Danny winning it on current form!

Black
12-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Fighters have always jumped to more lucrative divisions.
12-07-2016, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 05:55 PM by blackbelt2003.)
That doesn't make it any more palatable.

Some guys, like Aaron Pryor, Kostya Tszyu, Bernard Hopkins and lots of others resisted the temptation to weight hop...and they tend to stand more chance of being historically significant.

Black
12-08-2016, 05:54 AM
At this point I doubt it really makes a difference. Boxing is just kind of stuck in the past.
12-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Being stuck in the past is what separates boxing from other sports...its past is what stops it dying.

Black
12-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Bro, these fighters definitely aren't cut from the same cloth. Not to mention that some promoter will probably get ad time on Myspace. Deadest sport, boss man.
12-09-2016, 08:12 PM
I couldn't care less about weight jumping at this point. I just want good fights.

It's a sad state when Ortiz - Rios is something to be excited about.

These fucks that don't know shit about expanding a fan base have crippled the sport.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 3,047 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 6,637 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 771 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)