Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
03-06-2017, 02:22 PM
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
He lost the last three rounds pretty much on purpose. If you're five rounds up, you shouldn't try and lose three round on purpose to coast to a split decision win. Especially on prime time CBS when you've got casual fans ready to become hardcore fans.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Porter-Berto has been made which is a good fight but have Porter mauling and possibly stopping Berto late. Assuming that happens, Thurman-Porter II wouldn't be a bad fight. I had Porter edge that by a point in a very close, competitive fight. Garcia-Bradley would be a brawl.
03-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Id like to see Porter in with Spence and Thurman in with Peterson... Winners face each other.(assuming Errol takes the title fron Brook)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2017, 08:41 PM
I feel like we're all going to be talking a lot about Spence Jr. over the course of the next couple of years.
03-07-2017, 10:00 PM
EJ really thinks he can beat any of the welterweights right now... im inclined to agree.

Thurman is top dog right now but i could see Spence stopping him.. Errols hooks to the body are vicious.
03-08-2017, 07:12 AM
If Pacquiao is going to play it safe for the end of his career and therefore become redundant in the division, then Thurman-Spence is the superfight of 2018. I think that is an incredible match between two great boxer-punchers....although Spence would make Thurman fight harder than Danny made him and may prove too much.

But let's not get too high on Spence yet. He's still in the production stages of his career and hasn't fought anyone he's not favoured to beat yet. Brook will be a good test for him.

Black
03-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Black, boxing doesnt decent numbers here. Having fights on regular tv just made it more accessible. Boxing just doesn't do anything to try to gain more fans. Thurman-Garcia is actually a good representation of the sport. Two undefeated fighters in what should be a huge break out fight, two guys doing as little as it takes to win and expecting you to thank them for the show.

People have been burned with so many shit fights, overpriced ppvs and etc that the fans gained during the years Floyd and Pac danced around fighting got turned off of boxing. In America people were genuinely excited about the sport then.
03-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Id like to see Garcia and Thurman rematch. I cant help but feel there's unfinished business there.

Hard for me to accept Spence Thurman would be a super fight when Thurman didn't look that super v Garcia.
03-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Spence Jr-Brook/Thurman-Khan/Garcia-Bradley/Pacqiuao-Porter would be a nice WW tourney right now! Any fights with Garcia, Porter, Bradley & Khan could be pretty exciting fights.
03-08-2017, 11:33 PM
(03-08-2017 04:47 PM)Dickagon Wrote:  Black, boxing doesnt decent numbers here. Having fights on regular tv just made it more accessible. Boxing just doesn't do anything to try to gain more fans. Thurman-Garcia is actually a good representation of the sport. Two undefeated fighters in what should be a huge break out fight, two guys doing as little as it takes to win and expecting you to thank them for the show.

People have been burned with so many shit fights, overpriced ppvs and etc that the fans gained during the years Floyd and Pac danced around fighting got turned off of boxing. In America people were genuinely excited about the sport then.
The fight actually did pretty good.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/thurma...39970.html

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 3,048 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 6,641 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 771 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)