Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

If you could have one fighter fight for your life?
01-08-2017, 05:53 AM
RE: If you could have one fighter fight for your life?
Good one Fitz, Ali had a chin and will of iron as well, so you could be comfortable he was going to be one tough SOB to beat!

RJJ in his prime is almost untouchable, my worry would be if it was against a great Southpaw, particularly with power. Imagine Moorer at 175 against RJJ, I wouldn't be on Jones in that one!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 02:05 PM
It'd have to be Ali for me. In his prime, he'd be the favorite against any heavyweight in history.
01-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Robinson lost one fight to LaMotta in his prime and LaMotta was a natural lhw fighting at mw due to being too small for the lhw division.
01-08-2017, 05:38 PM
There was always suspicion about that LaMotta victory from fans and pundits alike due to how much the Mafia was involved in boxing at the time.
01-09-2017, 05:17 AM
It's possible he beat Robinson. I think Robinson beating LaMotta speaks more about Robinson's greatness than anything. After LaMotta beat him in their second fight Robinson rematched and beat him three weeks later.
01-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Nice topic ATN! I thought about this before but more as the best fighters head to head in each division. Nothing to do with where they're ranked in those divisions but how they would've gone against any fighter who ever fought in that division.

Muhammed Ali - Heavyweight
Roy Jones - 168-175
Marvin Hagler - Middleweight
Sugar Ray Robinson 147
Sugar Shane Mosley 130-140

I know that's 5 fighters but fuck it lol
01-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Ohhhh shit. This is harder than first thought. It's tempting to go with Mayweather at 147 as he just seems so untouchable...but could I REALLY imagine him pulling through if it was Leonard or Robinson or a rampaging Duran in there with him? I wouldn't bet my life on it.

I'd have to go with Robinson at 147 as the safest bet I can imagine. There are some other guys who seem unbeatable but may have a weakness with a certain style. Robinson seemed to have the most bases covered.

Black
01-09-2017, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 03:16 PM by ViperSniper.)
(01-09-2017 02:56 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Ohhhh shit. This is harder than first thought. It's tempting to go with Mayweather at 147 as he just seems so untouchable...but could I REALLY imagine him pulling through if it was Leonard or Robinson or a rampaging Duran in there with him? I wouldn't bet my life on it.

I'd have to go with Robinson at 147 as the safest bet I can imagine. There are some other guys who seem unbeatable but may have a weakness with a certain style. Robinson seemed to have the most bases covered.

Black

That's how I see it. Forget Leonard or Robinson! I question whether Mayweather even beats fighters at Welterweight within the last 10-20 years, let alone the best 147 fighters in history!
01-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Margs with the plaster.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2017, 02:49 AM
(01-09-2017 06:01 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Nice topic ATN! I thought about this before but more as the best fighters head to head in each division. Nothing to do with where they're ranked in those divisions but how they would've gone against any fighter who ever fought in that division.

Muhammed Ali - Heavyweight
Roy Jones - 168-175
Marvin Hagler - Middleweight
Sugar Ray Robinson 147
Sugar Shane Mosley 130-140

I know that's 5 fighters but fuck it lol

Man, RJJ at 175, he struggled with southpaws. Do you see him beating Moorer Viper? Moorer was highly accurate, was a great boxer, and had crazy power at LHW. I just can't see Roy surviving against him, and Moorer was fairly durable for a small guy, he went rounds with both Foreman and Holyfield!

Mosley never fought below 135 Viper.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)