Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin vs Jacobs
03-18-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: Golovkin vs Jacobs
I'm going to have to catch the replay on Youtube tonight. This fucking job is ruining my life.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2017, 07:55 PM
(03-18-2017 07:10 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Jacobs is a live dog.... if he can land some of the shots Kell landed... he can def pull off the upset.

Here is the thing though. There are 2 Triple G's. The first one is the guy who doesn't respect your power, who just hulks up like Manny and bangs his gloves together when he gets hit before continuing to plow forward winging punches until he gets you.

The second Triple G is the guy who does respect your power. This Triple G uses a piston-like jab to break you down, slips punches and once he has taken the juice out of you begins to break you down over the second half of the fight. I've seen that guy twice; once against Stevens and once against Lemieux. I expect to see him once again tonight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2017, 09:37 PM
Im with you 100% Ollie... ive seen the same thing. I def think GGG will show the same respect he showed to Lemy and Stevens.. i just think with DJ he'll have more success landing because of his size.

I can see GGG getting hit alot more then usual... but while staying on the outside and playing it safe.
03-18-2017, 10:34 PM
This will be interesting until Jacobs chin fails him. Although it was years ago, it's hard to forget Jacobs being brutally KO'd against Pirog & being put on his ass against Mora. Jacobs has a couple of things going for him which is size, power, solid skills and a jab. He will have to fight the fight of his life to have any form of success here. GGG by the half way point.
03-18-2017, 10:42 PM
Chavez Jr is more live than Jacobs.
03-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Damn, can't believe Gonzalez received his first loss tonight! I guess a few people will be removing him from P4P #1.
03-18-2017, 11:44 PM
That was a terrible decision, along the lines of Pac/Bradley 1. I wish I'd slipped that 20 bucks on it now and parlayed it with Golovkin by KO.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-18-2017, 11:48 PM
What a fight! Reminded me a bit of Kov-Ward except with Kov actually winning.
03-18-2017, 11:59 PM
(03-18-2017 11:48 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  What a fight! Reminded me a bit of Kov-Ward except with Kov actually winning.

You thought Gonzalez lost???

Nothing much 1st round, what i do like from Jacobs is that he jabbing Golovkin to the body, not giving Triple G a chance to set. That's not a bad tactic and one you don't see many opponents utilize.

Warming up slightly in the 2nd. Jacobs using plenty of lateral movement I might give him the 1st 2 rounds. Maybe 1 a piece.

I give Golovkin the 3rd round, Jacobs was moving nicely but didn't really throw anything. Jacobs down in the 4th, but it looks like a flash KD.

Sanchez gave Triple G some really good advice which he totally ignored, go to the body. He could make this a much easier fight if he did so. Jacobs is showing plenty of dog.

Jacobs turned southpaw for most of the 5th rounds and then got nailed with a few right hands. Golovkin not really committing to an all out assault, this looks a little like a sparring session in places.

I gave Jacobs the 6th, jabs up and down and some nice body work. He is getting some GREAT advice in the corner. Calm and concise.

The 7th was a swing round IMHO. I might lean to Jacobs, he looked a little busier but hard to say.

One thing for sure though, Jacobs has got inside Golovkin's head and taken him out of his comfort zone.

I give the 8th to Golovkin, he landed the cleaner power shots as well as his jab. Jacobs is using his gifts well, his size, his speed and his quicker feet. This fight is CLOSE.

The 9th was close until Golovkin nailed Jacobs with an uppercut toward the end of the round and had him in a little trouble. Golovkin round.

Nice 10th for Jacobs, he fought almost entirely southpaw and won. If you are prepared to shoeshine Golovkin and then turn him you can beat him in an ugly fight. At times Golovkin has just been plodding around the ring looking for 1 shot.

Jacobs won the 11th. If I'm Triple G I really want a big 12th just to be sure. This is a little too close for comfort.

I think Golovkin won that round but shit! That could be a draw or a win a point either way. I can see this being a split decision.

03-19-2017, 12:54 AM
(03-18-2017 11:44 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  That was a terrible decision, along the lines of Pac/Bradley 1. I wish I'd slipped that 20 bucks on it now and parlayed it with Golovkin by KO.

Well, interestingly that parlay would not have played out.

Golovkin didn't look good tonight at all. Surprised there was no sense of urgency from him in the final few rounds, especially in the 12th.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)