Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns.
05-29-2018, 10:19 PM
RE: Cobra Kai, bitches! The Karate Kid returns.
Just watched episode 2... The cheese ramped up just a touch!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2018, 10:43 PM
Did it? I don't remember it ramping up especially in episode 2. As a child of the 80's, I may be immune to 80's cheese. I still get chills when Daniel is getting ready to do the Crane Kick in the Karate Kid with that epic score kicking in and Miyagi giving him the nod.

Anyway, keep watching. It's good. It's better if you've seen KK a million times like I did as a kid and notice all the little nods to the original.

In fact, I just have to post that scene here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCenGKkj3Y...fullscreen

Between this and Rocky, John Avildsen must be one of the most underappreciated directors of all time. I feel sorry for all these pussy kids today who'll never have the kind of childhood we did. These fags are growing up with fucking Twilight and Jayden Smith. Fucking pussy ass faggots.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
05-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Show was awesome, and it did have some cheese but it was good cheese, not cringe worthy. But while watching it, I legitimately feel that they wanted some subtle cheese and it was done deliberately. Like when Larusso spin kicks the drink out of the car dealers hands, lol.
While being modern they did a great job by making it feel 80s. It still had an 80s feel when watching it, even the asian guys fat side kick looked like the typical 80s bully.
05-29-2018, 11:01 PM
(05-29-2018 10:43 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Did it? I don't remember it ramping up especially in episode 2. As a child of the 80's, I may be immune to 80's cheese. I still get chills when Daniel is getting ready to do the Crane Kick in the Karate Kid with that epic score kicking in and Miyagi giving him the nod.

Anyway, keep watching. It's good. It's better if you've seen KK a million times like I did as a kid and notice all the little nods to the original.

In fact, I just have to post that scene here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCenGKkj3Y...fullscreen

Between this and Rocky, John Avildsen must be one of the most underappreciated directors of all time. I feel sorry for all these pussy kids today who'll never have the kind of childhood we did. These fags are growing up with fucking Twilight and Jayden Smith. Fucking pussy ass faggots.

Maybe it's Macchios acting but there did seem to be some cheese, although some of it was clearly deliberate to paint Daniels life as a falsely perfect existence before shit kicks off with Johnny
05-30-2018, 06:42 AM
No, no. It's all about balance. That's the theme of the show. Daniel is out of balance to one end, and Johnny the other. There is no wasted scenery in this show. Every scene is setting something up that will pay off later.

03-08-2019, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2019 07:29 PM by ViperSniper.)
Season 2 trailer was released today!

03-08-2019, 09:12 PM
(03-08-2019 07:28 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Season 2 trailer was released today!

Saw that. Looking good. Can't wait.

04-27-2019, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2019 05:03 AM by ViperSniper.)
Episode 1 to the 2nd season!

Johnny has a good part about 1 Cobra attacks a lion and 1 cobra attacks a wounded monkey..which Cobra do you want to be?

04-29-2019, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 08:12 PM by Snoop.)
I have to pull my "once in a blue moon" card here and agree 110% with War on how fucking great this show is. Great writing, great acting, simple storyline yet creative enough in how nicely they fit the pieces together. It's also a funny-as-hell breath of fresh air from all the PC panzy bullshit that's been in the media lately (Yes War, I've been doing some thinking. Lol).

And I actually didn't really find any of it too cheesy. Sure, some scenes may have pushed the limit, but overall there was a good amount of depth and moving moments that made it more than just a comedy. Will definitely be watching Season 2.

I also thought y'all might appreciate this:

http://adamistwowithnature.blogspot.com/...g-leg.html

Funny as hell. Trust me.

(Better on the original site with pictures)

Quote:Do not. I repeat. Do not fuck with this man. If you haven't met John Kreese, then you're fucking lucky. Very few people survive encounters of any kind with this man. John Kreese is heartless. John Kreese does not discriminate his ass beatings between youngsters and old men. No John Kreese will end you, no matter your age, sex, or disability. True Manliness.

John Kreese is the sensei of the Cobra Kai dojo in The Karate Kid movie, where he teaches an unethically vicious form of martial arts. Understand what I'm saying to you. John Kreese was training children to be as funk nasty as he is. This man was training an army, young enough to be brainwashed into doing whatever he said. Who was the war against, you ask? The meek, the tired, the poor, and the hungry. John Kreese was self sufficient, and mother fucker you should be too. Need more proof. Here's a quote from the film:

"We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy."

Please keep in mind that he's saying this to FUCKING TEENAGERS.

And do you know what all of this hateful speech was for? Let's try this in multiple choice form.

A) To fight a war

B) To motivate a group of mercenaries

C) A speech to the Nazi party

D) To win the city karate tournament

The answer is D. Fucking D. Now somewhere along the way of the Karate Kid movie, John Kreese decides that the greatest enemy in his path to world domination is 16-year-old Daniel Laruso and his 240-year-old sensei Mr. Miyagi. I'm not sure what it was that worried Kreese so much about Daniel Laruso. Here's a quote from when Mr. Miyagi simply asked Kreese to have his students stop gang beating Laruso 10-1 style.

Miyagi: No more fighting.

Kreese: "This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class. You don't come into my dojo, drop a challenge, and leave. (there had been absolutely no challenge made, for the record) Now you get your boy on the mat, or you and I will have a major problem."

And later in the same conversation when Miyaki says this.

Miyagi: Ask one more small request.

Kreese: Make it fast.

Miyagi: Ask leave boy alone to train.

Kreese: You're a pushy little bastard, ain't ya. But I like that. I like that! All right. No one touches the prima donna until the tournament.
(to Miyagi)
But if you don't show it's open season on him...And you.

I'm not entirely sure what it was about Laruso that pissed Kreese off so much. It could have been his 105 lb frail body type, the fact that he was new in town and didn't have any friends, or the that he was passive and just wanted to be left alone. However one, if not all, of these pissed off John Kreese so badly that in the city karate tournament he...well...just read the quote.

(On when Daniel Laruso makes the Semi-finals)

Kreese: I want him out of commission.

Bobby: But Sensei, I can beat this guy!

Kreese: I don't want him beaten.

Bobby: But I'll be disqualified.

Kreese: Out of commission.

That's right Bobby, John Kreese Does. Not. Give. A. Fuck if you can beat him or not. He wants you to perform an illegal knee strike, so damaging that it could possibly hinder Laruso for the rest of his life. At the risk of sounding redundant, I need you to keep in mind that this was to win the CITY KARATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

So Daniel wins by disqualification and has to fight Kreese's prized pupil, bully and all around asshole Johnny Lawrence. Now for the past 105 minutes, Johnny had been a one man wrecking ball on Laruso's happiness. He bullies his ex-girlfriend and kicks the dog shit out of Laruso anytime he steps in to interfere. At one point he and his friends intentionally run Daniel off of the side of MOUNTAIN on his bike, just because fuck him. This man was brutal. One of the all time biggest piece of shit bullies in movie history. And even Johnny, asshole of assholes, thought Kreese had stepped over the line. Here is an exchange between Johnny and Kreese before the fight.
(Daniel limps out to the fight, in serious pain. He can barely walk on his leg, and is risking certain long term problems by fighting)

Kreese: (To Johnny) Sweep the leg.

(Johnny stares at him in complete shock)

Kreese: You gotta problem with that?

Johnny: No, Sensei.

Kreese: No mercy.

Never will any words ever match those three. SWEEP. THE. LEG. Suck on it Chuchill, we have a new man to quote. In a perfect world they would make a 5th Die Hard movie, where Kreese plays the villain. His motivation wouldn't money, or to free an imprisoned dictator. His motivation would be because fuck you. No mercy. The amazing thing about Kreese is that even though his students disagreed with his orders, they complied anyway. Kind of reminds me of another leader. One of German descent.

Rounds he would last in the ring with Ivan Drago:

Go the fuck home, Drago. You stand absolutely NO chance of winning.

If Drago did show up Kreese would rip his heart straight out of his chest the instant the bell rang. In the few seconds before his death, Drago, unable to move or talk but was still conscious, would look up to see Kreese throw his heart onto the ground, step on it, and say this words.

"No Mercy"

There he is the man who defies all rules and moral code, all at the expense of turning your pussy children into heartless, savage killers. If one day you happen to see him on the streets, avoid eye contact. He will undoubtedly consider that a challenge. He will Sweep your leg. And he will show no mercy. Enjoy your nightmares tonight.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Has anyone given season 2 a watch? Is it worth watching?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)