Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Pac - Broner tracking above 400k
01-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Pac - Broner tracking above 400k
Surprising to me. I figured 300k.

With very little marketing push this is a really good number.

Further cementing that Floyd - Pac 2 is happening before the end of the Summer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: Pac - Broner tracking above 400k
Off topic a bit here, but how much do you guys think that streaming PPVs and such deflates "real" PPV buys? I mean, 10 years ago I probably bought every PPV there was. For the last few years, though, I'm lucky if I actually pay for 1. I usually just stream PPV events now. If it's going to be a situation where I have a bunch of buddies over for a big event we'll all throw in and actually buy it, but 9 times out of 10 we're all into just streaming now and saving the dough.

I just wonder how much that trend has deflated PPV buys over the years.
01-23-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm with you in that 10 years ago I'd buy anything and now I can't remember the last one I bought.

As a matter of principle, I would LOVE to buy something like Mikey Garcia-Crawford just to encourage those kinds of fights getting made. But so much is such garbage and at this point anything with Pac or Floyd is, by definition, garbage.

I've never streamed anything, but I have started going to bars to watch PPVs (where it's generally free) and I never feel the regret of supporting the nonsense.
01-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Speaking of bars, I run a sports bar and this topic actually applies to that as well. 3-5 years ago, we purchased every boxing PPV. Now we only purchase the ones that we feel are going to be big draws, because where the so-so cards used to pack the place now we're lucky if we're half full for the so-so cards. We were losing money buying all of them. Again, I wonder if it's because people are simply streaming the events more? I figure that can be the only answer, as I really don't think the sport "died" in the matter of a couple of years.
01-24-2019, 05:23 AM
I never stream. I like buying the PPV and doing it properly...settling in for the night, food and beers, no worries about the stream being shut down.

It is slightly different here in the UK as PPV's are only £15 to £20, and there's easily £20-worth of entertainment in even a low standard PPV.

If it was like in the US, however, where PPV's can be $70-80, then I'd probably think twice.

Black
01-24-2019, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2019 10:19 AM by ViperSniper.)
I have found streaming to be a nightmare, stressful & unreliable. If I care enough about the fight, then I would never risk my experience being completely destroyed by a faulty site/stream. Lagging..my god I would rather watch a fight with poor resolution or a tiny screen than to have live action freeze, lag or even worse just crash!
I have been catching more fights at pubs. Assuming you have a seat and no drunk fuck bothering you, then I really don't mind catching a fight at the pub. But nothing beats a PPV in the lounge though..

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)